DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to Italy mid september, Should I bring my mini 2 ?

Patrick Bergeron

Reactions
Hello,

I'm goiing to Italy mid-september and I would like to know if I can fly my mini 2 ?
Did I need any registration ?
I found the D-flight application but I'm not sure of the color correspondence.

Exemple: On the Island of Procida, where could I fly my mini 2 ?
1660584488157.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm goiing to Italy mid-september and I would like to know if I can fly my mini 2 ?

View attachment 153344

Thanks
No clue but I remember (vaguely) some discussion about the difficulty of flying in Italy and the map you showed is too funny with the legend colors not even matching the map colors!

No clue but I remember (vaguely) some discussion about the difficulty of flying in Italy and the map you showed is too funny with the legend colors not even matching the map colors!
You will need to register as an operator if you wish to fly in any EU country. There is quite abit of information online. This email was applies to my trip to Greece but it would be similar for Italy. I ended up registering through France which I found straightforward, other country sites were more confusing/not translated etc. Below is the email from the EU authority.

Dear Sir,

In accordance with Commission Regulation EU 2019/947 which is in effect since 1-1-2021, you have to obtain an Operator Registration Number, and then consult with Drone Aware GR for any restrictions in relation to the airspace.

Unfortunately due to reconstruction of the webpage of the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority, currently, access to the registration platform is limited to citizens of Greece (Tax number is required)

For your information, registration is available in all European Member States, (Drones - National Aviation Authorities | EASA) and accepted throughout the European Union .

Furthermore, and if your drone weighs more than 250 grams, you have to obtain a Certificate of Remote Pilot Competency A1/3 and A2. (Eurocontrol Learning Zone)

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Α2/Δ

General Aviation & Drones Section

Tel: 210-9973556/630

email:
[email protected]

Hello,

View attachment 153344

Thanks
Hello,

View attachment 153344

Thanks
I just returned from Italy with my mini 2. There are some registration requirements even tho it is sub 250g. Flying in and over Rome and Venice was not allowed, but the no fly zones on the map were easy to discern. I was mostly on the country and got some great footage of our bicycling trip

Reactions: Gibstr
Just came back from Nortern Italy, were my family is from.. no issues using the drone.. amazing scenery

Just came back from Nortern Italy, were my family is from.. no issues using the drone.. amazing scenery
We are thinking of going in October and I would like to take my Mini 2. What registration process did you go through and did you have to get insurance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada