DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gold vs Silver tip props?

DroneJI

Reactions
I just noticed my MPP came with Silver tipped Props mounted and Gold Tipped Props in a cloth bag, is there a difference? Or is it just cosmetic? They look exactly the same except for the tip color.

Reactions: mpp888
No difference, except the platinum look better

Gold tipped fly faster...JK, no difference they are both low noise

The silver ones have a lower drag coefficient. It is a fact that gold is heavier than silver. Sounds good and technical anyway. LOL

Reactions: sdold
Speaking of quieter...I'm blown away by just how much quieter this platform is over my previous....the P4. I could always hear it long before I could see it. Was amazed when I saw the drone first and then the noise....Loving this little stealth machine.

Reactions: elsmeghead
Seriously after trying both the standard and low noise props on my Mavic, I can't tell that one is quieter than the other, but the pitch is different. The low noise props has a lower (deeper) pitch than the standard ones and I think that is what makes them sound, or appear to sound quieter. Either way I definitely like the low noise ones better.

Reactions: Chappy
I think the best characterization I've read regarding their sound is it's considerably less "annoying" than the MP's props. I'm impressed how the MPP sounds more like a breeze blowing than a quadcopter flying.

Reactions: 2nckayakers
I wasn’t sure if it was just to Change the appearance of the drone I haven’t weighed them yet but will today I have a postal scale I will see if there’s any detectable difference I. Weight?

I wasn’t sure if it was just to Change the appearance of the drone I haven’t weighed them yet but will today I have a postal scale I will see if there’s any detectable difference I. Weight?
I don't think there is any difference in weight, I was just being sarcastic about gold being heavier than silver.

The ones that fly faster have the carbon fiber decals on them.
But the fastest-going ones are those with a spoilers on them and white go fast stripes along. But the spoilers are most important :)

Last edited:
I just had to replace my first propeller (hit some leaves and chipped one of the props) and paid attention for the first time to the different colors on the tips. They did this for no reason, just esthetics?... so I solved the problem by just clipping off the colored tips on all four sets so they match.

Just kidding.

My instructions (from DJI) said to install the gold ones on the front and silver on back. If they're the same, why do that??

I got 6.6g on either one. Same weight.
1d2bd54011d5a1b9807c108041cd75e1.jpg
8974438544d98b98b72aecb83bd57436.jpg

Reactions: veegh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato