DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Golf Course

DJ1

Reactions
I recently had a trip to the amazing Ardfin golf course off the coast of Scotland and wanted to get some drone footage for my website (purely a hobby thing) so took the plunge and got a Mavic 2 Pro. This was my first time using it really and I was quite pushed for time but I'm pleased with the way it came out -

Does anyone have any tips or advice for future filming as this has whetted my appetite and when lockdown is lifted I've got a few more courses I'd love to shoot this year.

Thanks!

Wait... you shot that? Holy crud!

BTW, I NEED to play that course, Just got off the local course a few minutes ago. I golf a LOT.

That course looked quite difficult.

Reactions: DJ1
Wait... you shot that? Holy crud!

BTW, I NEED to play that course, Just got off the local course a few minutes ago. I golf a LOT.

That course looked quite difficult.
It was the kind of course you need plenty of balls to play!!

It was quite a place for my first proper filming and I don’t think I’ll find another canvas quite as dramatic for a while...

Wow, jealous doesn't begin to describe watching that video. I have a couple of new bucket list items now, video of my local course that looks half this good and a trip to play Ardfin to lose a bucket of golf balls!

Honestly, this video is terrific. I've been shooting video professionally for decades and I'd be proud to do a golf course video like this. In fact, we may be doing a video for a country club in my city come this Spring and I'll steal some of your creative! I would love to play that course but I'd need three or four boxes of balls to finish! Thanks for sharing.

It was the kind of course you need plenty of balls to play!!

It was quite a place for my first proper filming and I don’t think I’ll find another canvas quite as dramatic for a while...
Plenty of balls and maybe a pair of big ones to. Awesome video and great commentary along the way. That's one of the most beautiful courses I've ever seen and should be on the world ranking lists for the pros to play and test their skills.

I love droning and golfing. A doctor I work with lives in that area, and the name of his dog is Jura. He also has a drone. I'm going to make a trip to that course after watching this. Hope I remember my A game.
Fantastic!

Fantastic! Did you do the voiceover? It's very soothing and fitting for the video.

As far as advice? The only thing I could think to add would be some very low level flying to give a sense of the 3-dimensional challenge for approaching some of the more hilly/sloped greens, as being high flattens some of that. Not sure that would add value or not...

Well done, man!

Thanks for all the nice comments, much appreciated.

I got a friend to do the voiceover as he has a nice Scottish lilt, mine is more English.

I think having some lower flying next time is a great idea. Also, I had to shoot in the middle of the day whereas early morning on a sunny day would be better for the definition, especially on a less spectacular course.

I’ve got a couple of links courses planned for this year which are a lot ‘blander’ so will need to work a lot harder to make it work I suspect...

Reactions: TheDude
Absolutely amazing. Both the course and the videography! I can only dream of playing such a course, and hope to be able to video at such a level as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird