DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good companion drone for the Mavic Pro 2?

Garritynet

Reactions
My Pro 2 looks a bit intimidating to fly in smaller areas and it's something I planned on using for taking pictures, not generally screwing around. That said I do like to screw around. What's a good drone for flying indoors and occasionally outside in smaller spaces than would really make sense for the Pro 2? Just zipping around a large parking lot or small field? Also for general practice and muscle memory building indoors?

I got a Hubsan X4 and it's impossible to fly at all. I can't get it three feet off the ground without hitting a wall five feet from where it started and after all the YouTubes and Google searches on drifting I've come to the conclusion that I have a bad one and should buy another and see if that one is better. I didn't bother to keep the box for it so no returns. I'd rather not roll the dice on Hubsan again. The Tello seems nice but no has no controller and the refurbished spark seems fun too but once again, no controller and I'm worried it'll be too loud for apt flying.

Last edited:
My Pro 2 looks a bit intimidating to fly in smaller areas and it's something I planned on using for taking pictures, not generally screwing around. That said I do like to screw around. What's a good drone for flying indoors and occasionally outside in smaller spaces than would really make sense for the Pro 2? Just zipping around a large parking lot or small field? Also for general practice and muscle memory building indoors?

I got a Hubsan X4 and it's impossible to fly at all. I can't get it three feet off the ground without hitting a wall five feet from where it started and after all the YouTubes and Google searches on drifting I've come to the conclusion that I have a bad one and should buy another and see if that one is better. I didn't bother to keep the box for it so no returns. I'd rather not roll the dice on Hubsan again. The Tello seems nice but no has no controller and the refurbished spark seems fun too but once again, no controller and I'm worried it'll be too loud for apt flying.
The Tello isn't bad. You have to buy the Tello controller separate or find a bundled package.

I have a Hubsan X4 and it flies great. Check your props and make sure there not mixed up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krautz