DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Flying Locations In Norfolk

Tom

I was up there last weekend, not great weather, and ended up near Potter H, just asking where did you park up and fly from, I notice the Broads council are ok with us flying around there, it would help me if you could give me a good location to go to thanks Pete

It's interesting to note about flying on the beach in the UK.
Above high water line belongs to whoever owns the land above the high water mark inland.
Fly on the beach at Low water mark belongs to the Crown, so we have to ask HRH the Queen for permission to fly !.
Right!, so I am just penning an email to her for permission to fly near Holkham Beach !!
Anyone got her email address, by the way?

It's interesting to note about flying on the beach in the UK.
Above high water line belongs to whoever owns the land above the high water mark inland.
Fly on the beach at Low water mark belongs to the Crown, so we have to ask HRH the Queen for permission to fly !.
Right!, so I am just penning an email to her for permission to fly near Holkham Beach !!
Anyone got her email address, by the way?

Hi I flew the Mavic Air this weekend on Brancaster Beach, I got up there early at around 8.30am, the beach warden was just setting up his caravan, I asked him if it was ok to fly an UAV on the beach, he said fine no problem, he also confirmed the upper beach is owned by NT, he said the lower beach after the chanel is owned by the Queen, however, didn't stop me flying, I moved to the right down beach, and only saw 2 people with dogs between 8.30 and 10.00am, the beach is huge and a great place, I noticed Holkham Beach there was some work going on in the car park, so gave it a miss.

I live on the outskirts of Norwich, and know most of Norfolk like the back of my hand, having lived here for 64 years.
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced ,Phantom 4, and a Mavic Pro.
I reckon I can leave my house and within 5 minutes be flying in my local Eaton Park, yes I am lucky that it is a BIG park.
and within 10 mins be in the countryside where there is open countryside.
Norfolk is approx. 20% open Marshland, a hugh area between Acle and Great Yarmouth is a perfect place to fly !.
I went out to a friends house in the middle of Halvergate Marshes, had great 2 hours of flying around Windmills, Open rivers, Dykes, etc. would never have guessed it looking from the main A47 road !.

Suggested Pointers of areas that I have flown:

How Hill near Ludham, great area of outstanding natural beauty.

Happisburgh Lighthouse:

Weybourne Windmill:

Don't be frightened to jump in the car and just go into the countryside, there is loads of areas around that are suitable for flying.
I think half the battle is being able to spot them !
Have fun !

I agree about the Broads. I fly a lot there and from my boat.. www.youtube.com/ncsl Just be careful !!

Thank you for the clarification regarding Caister Heliport.
Because I'm new to this, please excuse my ignorance; but, the map, I guess, is a bit generic. How do you find out the precise limits of a NFZ?
I assumed, because this is a Mavic forum, that 'Thisboyluke' was flying a Mavic which I understand weighs 7.43kgs

I got the iOS "Drone assist" app from the NATS if shows you the precise areas for NFZ

Anyone know of any good places to fly, struggling to find anywhere that isn't National Trust, or a nature reserve

hi guys , I just recently brought the go pro karma drone and iv caught the bug for it ! I tried the karma forum and theres nothing in there use full ,

I would love to try to recreate this video I found on youtube with my drone , but cant find any locations that I can park my car on and fly around it . I live in suffolk but theres not many places to films and not have a billion obstacles . I have flown my drone in an open park in Brandon , I go to down ham a lot. but that more a forest than anything .

please if you have any suggestions please let me know !

Do you want to use my field in NR19 2LZ ? FREE no catches, I just want it used sao nobody can try claiming 'squatters right'. Easy parking if your car has reasonable ground clearance - or park on the little used road

Do you want to use my field in NR19 2LZ ? FREE no catches, I just want it used sao nobody can try claiming 'squatters right'. Easy parking if your car has reasonable ground clearance - or park on the little used road
yes if I could that would be amazing ! just let me know times I would be able to use it ! and if I would need any proof that I have asked to use it as it is your private land .

Hi all,

Just been out this evening to St Benets Abbey near Ludham. It’s now part of a no drone zone which is annoying.

I’m planning to go to Castle Acre to see if they will allow drones, but I’d guess not. The plan is go off to Southwold and fly around the lighthouse and the pier. But again, will have to see if they allow it.

Trying to find some other ruins around. If not, as above I’ll be heading to the broads too.

Here’s a picture of the sign...

Attachments

• E16D1A46-E766-4C03-9518-C93B616EBB6D.jpeg
    E16D1A46-E766-4C03-9518-C93B616EBB6D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
we're off the Wells Next Sea at 7am in the morning, me and another Norwich Member (PaperCrane), to fly around the Harbour and near the Lifeboat station.
Should be there around 8 am, so if any of you Norfolk Peeps fancy a meet up be at Wells for 8 am, and look for a Old Fart in a Black Droning tee shirt !

Would you mind a clueless newbie coming out to meet you?
I’m in central Norwich so can soon be out there. Is it 7 or 8 you’re meeting?

Where about in Norwich are you?.
We should be in Wells at 8 am (leaving at 7 am) if we meet you near the Quay (where the metal Horse is in the water) I will be with Russell and his wife Anisa

I’m literally dead central. Live near the old hospital.

I’ll be there :) I’ll be the 6’6 guy looking totally hopeless wearing motorbike gear haha!
See you in the morning :)
Thanks again.
Tim

no worry's Tim, are you by any chance a member of the British Drone site
Grey Arrows Drone Club UK
a lot of Local Members from round here on that Forum.
See you at Wells
Get yer batts on charge !!

Haha sounds good. Will join up there too.
Batteries all charged after tonight’s failing. But will plug them in for a topup. See you in the morn.

Hi all,

Just been out this evening to St Benets Abbey near Ludham. It’s now part of a no drone zone which is annoying.

I’m planning to go to Castle Acre to see if they will allow drones, but I’d guess not. The plan is go off to Southwold and fly around the lighthouse and the pier. But again, will have to see if they allow it.

Trying to find some other ruins around. If not, as above I’ll be heading to the broads too.

Hi all,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78