DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Flying Locations In Norfolk

It’s now part of a no drone zone which is annoying.

Not all this again.

There’s no such thing as a no drone zone. Landowners can ban you from taking off and landing on their land, but, as the sign itself states, the flying rule is not within 50m (imagine a 50m dome over the abbey). So, if you’re above 50m you can fly legally.

As to the balderdash about data protection and photos - it’s just that, balderdash. As long as you are not taking photos for commercial purposes, snap away - it makes no difference if the camera is a phone, a box Brownie, a long lens or a flying one. The only exception is in private buildings such as shopping centres which legally are not deemed public. Amateur Photographer magazine has an excellent, legal article on the web on taking photos in public.

Interestingly, the trust here seems to have copied the National Trust’s wording off their website - wonder if they have permission to do so?

Getting insurance is a good idea, check out the BMFA, and being wildlife friendly (aware of nesting birds etc) is also common sense as is not annoying everybody

Last edited:
Reactions: Ping^Spike
I agree, what a load of tosh !, what we need is a few guys from around here to all go there and take it in turns to fly (legally) around it.
The see what the reaction is from the natives !.
They may well own the land, but, not the airspace around it ! PERIOD !

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I had two confrontations at Wells IN ONE DAY !.
Saying that Wells Beach near the Lifeboat Station , "Belongs to "The Holkham Hall Estate" Not according to "The Crown Estates" website on the subject of "High and Low Water Marks" at low tide !
(They even have a section specifically on where you CAN fly Drones)
So there "Mr Earl of Bloody Leicester" !! stick that where the sun don't shine !!!
And next time I will print out a Map from there Website of YOUR supposed shoreline to prove it !!

Last edited:
Hi I flew the Mavic Air this weekend on Brancaster Beach, I got up there early at around 8.30am, the beach warden was just setting up his caravan, I asked him if it was ok to fly an UAV on the beach, he said fine no problem, he also confirmed the upper beach is owned by NT, he said the lower beach after the chanel is owned by the Queen, however, didn't stop me flying, I moved to the right down beach, and only saw 2 people with dogs between 8.30 and 10.00am, the beach is huge and a great place, I noticed Holkham Beach there was some work going on in the car park, so gave it a miss.Subway Surfers Psiphon Hill Climb Racing
i love MAVIC plane it is a very good plane

Last edited:
Hi i have just got a dji drone2, i used to fly a phantom some years back i would just like to say hi to all the people here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato