Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good Idea or Bad Idea?

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
I want to orbit/boomerang this Water Tower, but if you look closely at the photo, it seems like there's cell antennas attached at the top.

Would I see mass amounts of interference, and possibly lose GPS or Compass calibration?

Last thing I want is a fly away.

(Sorry for the crap quality picture, I was driving... I know, I know)

Just Zoom in.20190503_191904.jpeg

I don't think you will have any problems with GPS, compass I'm not positive, the cell antennas probably wouldn't effect anything but that's a huge amount of metal in the tower itself. I think if you have enough altitude over the tower you will be ok. My rule of thumb is if I have any doubt or second guess if it will be ok I just won't risk putting the bird in the air.

Ken Heron did a water tower video with a close inspection here

He didn't mention any interference that I recall. I'm not a real fan of his, but this video may answer your question.

Reactions: hactick
I want to orbit/boomerang this Water Tower, but if you look closely at the photo, it seems like there's cell antennas attached at the top.

Would I see mass amounts of interference, and possibly lose GPS or Compass calibration?

Last thing I want is a fly away.

(Sorry for the crap quality picture, I was driving... I know, I know)

Just Zoom in.View attachment 71469
Just st RTH above that height and the worst thing that can happen is it will fly itself back to you

I've done this flight (see link below) manually with a MP1 twice and noticed no issues at all. The tower is iron and lots of cell antennas.

Just remember that if you lose it ON the water tower, its usually a felony to climb and retrieve it. Just saying that there is imminent risk.

Just remember that if you lose it ON the water tower, its usually a felony to climb and retrieve it. Just saying that there is imminent risk.
That’s why I bought a grappling hook for my Inspire, in case I ever needed to go on an extraction mission for my M2P.

Reactions: brett8883
Just give a try in manual mode and check if you will start to loose signal in prossimity or on the opposite side respect of your remote controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead