DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Google Pixel 6 Pro + DJI GO 4 = NO live video! Any solution available?

sandor.otvos

Reactions
Is there anyone using Mavic 2 (DJI GO 4) with a Google Pixel 6 Pro or Pixel 6 phone (Android 12)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just purchased a Pixel 6 Pro, but unfortunately, my Mavic 2 Pro does not have live video with it.

I downloaded the latest DJI GO4 (4.3.46) from dji.com. The app starts properly, everything else seems to work (drone reacts to control sticks or commands on the phone screen), but there is no live image, just a grey screen. In fact, sometimes the live video pops in for a second, but is lost immediately.

I tested also older DJI GO4 versions, but the ones I tried did not even start.

The phone is working with all the recent updates installed. All the necessary permissions have been enabled to DJI GO4.

I also have a Mini 2. Fly app seems to work properly (there used be some issues with that also). It is only GO4 having issues.

I do not think that any more update will come for GO4, but maybe there is some sort of workaround.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

pixel_6_pixel_6_pro_screenshot_20210803071911_1_original_1150x645_cover.jpg

Have you enabled USB debugging under the developer options sections in the phone settings?

The post here by @Chushpajz explains a likely reason why the DJI GO4 doesn't work with pixel phones. I have the same issue myself, picture stutters and mostly black and white. This makes the drone useless for me. This is most likely fixed with the DJI SDK, but the GO 4 app doesn't use the latest Android Mobile SDK 4.16.1 (and newer versions) Release Date 2022.03.18.

See his post here: (and it has a link to a video showing the issue)

Link to release notes:
From the release notes.
Bug Fixes - Video stream cannot be displayed on pixel 6 mobile phone: Fixed.

Can we please have a new DJI GO4 releas that is using the latest DJI SDK please!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato