DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GOP investigating why drones were shut down over migrant camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely common sense says "too many people underneath" i.e. if something goes wrong and a drone crashes then there is an increased chance of someone getting hurt. Especially if you have multiple fliers buzzing around trying to capture 'must have' footage for their social media broadcast.
Isn't it also a working bridge?

It has nothing to do with the bridge or how many people were under it. It has to do with the FAA implementing a TFR which then became publicized in the news and the FAA lifted the TFR and FOX NEWS drone resumed their news coverage.

They were not allowing photographers in the ground to cover the story but they were not prepared for fox news drone to be up in the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougMcC
I agree. I guess the fact is too many people and in case of a crash can hurt somebody.

Reactions: silveij
It has nothing to do with the bridge or how many people were under it. It has to do with the FAA implementing a TFR which then became publicized in the news and the FAA lifted the TFR and FOX NEWS drone resumed their news coverage.

They were not allowing photographers in the ground to cover the story but they were not prepared for fox news drone to be up in the air.
Well that's a whole lot of misinformation packed into a short post. The TFR was not lifted - it is still in force, currently with an expiration date of September 30. What presumably happened was that Fox News applied for authorization to fly for news reporting purposes, as detailed in the NOTAM, and their request was granted.

IMG_05C0D435630D-1.jpeg

Additionally, there was no restriction on news helicopters, so the assertion that it was done to prevent reporting makes no sense.

Last edited:
The TFR was never political. And the press should have never started saying it was.

Ok guys with what the Admin posted in post # 2 seems lots just
don‘t get it .7 post deleted and not sure without taking to much
time to count the reports. This is over.
CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag