DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gorilla glue for minor crack?

flyinlow

Reactions
I have two small minor cracks I put gorilla glue now I see a different color on the out side. Is gorilla glue not supposed to be used?

How old is your Mavic? How did it get the cracks and where are they located? Pictures if possible please! :)

Like a month old the small cracks are on the back where it fell. I already put the super glue on. It showed a different color after the glue.

db107281a9b5e935286ba14fc2efd411.jpg

Inside lower left. So did the superglue not work? As I am led to believe the gorilla glue expands so be very careful as it can easily cause more damage. Personally I would use some type of expoxy in small amount. You know the type you have 2 tubes and mix them together. Should hold much better. I'm guessing you judged it wasn't worth sending back to dji for a proper repair? Anyway good luck.

I dont know how to send it back I do not have the dji care. Also I already put the gorilla glue on it. Flew it yesterday seemed fine. Any recommendations on what I should do?

I dont know how to send it back I do not have the dji care. Also I already put the gorilla glue on it. Flew it yesterday seemed fine. Any recommendations on what I should do?

If it flew fine I wouldn't worry about it, but you can still send your drone to DJI for repair if it ends up needing it eventually, you'll just have to pay for it. However, if I didn't have Care Refresh and I needed a repair I'd contact @Thunderdrones on this forum first, as I've read nothing but good things about his work and have heard a lot of horror stories about dealing with DJI support.

Just my $0.02.

-Joe

If it flew fine I wouldn't worry about it, but you can still send your drone to DJI for repair if it ends up needing it eventually, you'll just have to pay for it. However, if I didn't have Care Refresh and I needed a repair I'd contact @Thunderdrones on this forum first, as I've read nothing but good things about his work and have heard a lot of horror stories about dealing with DJI support.

Just my $0.02.

-Joe
Good advice. Get it repaired privately.

U want to use a product called Qbond. It bonds without discolouring the plastic. You can use a small file or Dremel tool to smooth it out. We use it on all broadcast camera cameras for emergency fixes. I've used it on my old phantom. Comes in silver, carbon, grey and black finnishes
If Qbond can hold together a tripod lock with a 18kg camera on, the " stress point " on the mavic won't even let go. Chances are if u crash it it will break around where u applied it. I've used it to repair battery clips and snap lock mechanisms. Never fails
879ba8930ece29aafa1e16a9e72d04ce.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M K
U want to use a product called Qbond. It bonds without discolouring the plastic. You can use a small file or Dremel tool to smooth it out. We use it on all broadcast camera cameras for emergency fixes. I've used it on my old phantom. Comes in silver, carbon, grey and black finnishes
If Qbond can hold together a tripod lock with a 18kg camera on, the " stress point " on the mavic won't even let go. Chances are if u crash it it will break around where u applied it. I've used it to repair battery clips and snap lock mechanisms. Never fails
The kid broke his shifter off at the base of the steering wheel (Of course he dosent know how it happened).I tried that Q bond without much hope since it was a high stress area.10 years later 210k on the car and it held up,ThumbswayupThumbswayup

Inside lower left. So did the superglue not work? As I am led to believe the gorilla glue expands so be very careful as it can easily cause more damage. Personally I would use some type of expoxy in small amount. You know the type you have 2 tubes and mix them together. Should hold much better. I'm guessing you judged it wasn't worth sending back to dji for a proper repair? Anyway good luck.
Why don't you use Jb weld. It's a special plastic weld.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll