DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a new email from Transport Canada

verslen

Reactions
Got a new email from Transport Canada yesterday (July 30, 2019) saying new information has been provided for my drone.

Don't know if these are new changes or if they're just updating me now about older stuff. I only registered my drone in mid June.

The email had the following

When I clicked on the link and logged into my account it had this

What they have done is updated you with key information about the manufactures declaration for your drone. If and only IF you have the pilot advanced certification you may use this drone for advanced operations. There are three subsections to the advanced operations that the drone may be operated. 1) in controlled airspace as stated above...but of course you would have to go through the regulatory paperwork to do so ( except in some circumstances in Class F, you would have to check the DAH) and 2) operations near people...as stated, closer than 100 ft but no closer than 16.4 feet and 3) flying over people. Very few drones have been certified to fly over people. So your drone is certified for the first two. If you only have the basic pilot certification, you may NOT operate your drone in an advanced operations scenario. You have to have both.

Reactions: Rowder and verslen
What they have done is updated you with key information about the manufactures declaration for your drone. If and only IF you have the pilot advanced certification you may use this drone for advanced operations. There are three subsections to the advanced operations that the drone may be operated. 1) in controlled airspace as stated above...but of course you would have to go through the regulatory paperwork to do so ( except in some circumstances in Class F, you would have to check the DAH) and 2) operations near people...as stated, closer than 100 ft but no closer than 16.4 feet and 3) flying over people. Very few drones have been certified to fly over people. So your drone is certified for the first two. If you only have the basic pilot certification, you may NOT operate your drone in an advanced operations scenario. You have to have both.
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom