DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got lucky with a recent purchase of a mavic pro

Yes, you do not need to install SD card to downgrade or upgrade the firmware. SD card used for storage of photos and videos. Hope that helps.

Yes, you do not need to install SD card to downgrade or upgrade the firmware. SD card used for storage of photos and videos. Hope that helps.
On a newer mavic pro yes you do, if want to go back to a firmware you hack.

Reactions: charliesRig
I tried to look up the date but my serial number had a QC instead of the QD that kinda threw me off.
Why does everyone always think there is only one spot for an ad card even when you say internal??? All I have been doing is reading stuff about the bird, heck, I haven't even flown it yet lol

You'll love it, but your doing it right, taking your time to learn first will pay off.

Reactions: janp3rch
Recently baught a mavic pro at Walmart and didnt have to install the internal sd card to downgrade the fw to .700... anyone else have this happen?
If manufactured before Sep-19-2017 there will already be an SD card installed.

You DID get lucky. .700 was the last stable version before all the quizes, nfz bits, gimbal resets, and general hobbling of the aircraft from it's original capabilities when launched.

I am still on .400 from 2 years ago, and zero issues. Never "upgraded" the AC, controller, or the batteries. All the little flight modes used as bait to "upgrade" was useless to me. I learned to fly the patterns manually.

I'm on .400 too, what app. version do you run?

It's one of 2 version I archived when I got my Pro. "old"...
Not sure, but I will take a look when I get home later today and let you know...

Ok, hyg, I have 2 version archived, the one I am running on my tabby now is 4.0.5, requires no sign in. I think it is like the second version since the Mavic release???
The other one 4.0.7 is when they started to require user signing in to activate the go4 app.
I just have that as a backup.....

I would try 4.0.5

Here is a link to where you can some archived version of the Go app. But I don't see 4.0.5...
May have to go guerilla to find it.......

DJI GO 4 update version history for Android - APK Download

Recently baught a mavic pro at Walmart and didnt have to install the internal sd card to downgrade the fw to .700... anyone else have this happen?
Me too one I bought was mfg 1-17, I totally forgot about that issue

I now have NFZ Removed, Alt Height Removed, 1.8w FCC, Latest Firmware and Go App! Life is good! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851