DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got M3P, what's the case for keeping mini 2?

Droning on and on...

Reactions
I'm trying to decide if I should keep my mini 2 now that I have an M3P. Others in the same boat, what's your reasoning for keeping the Mini2 if you are?

Reactions: Steve_UK_M4P
@mightypilot2000 ,dont have a mini2 but id do have an original MM which i intend to keep ,in the same way as i have kept my MPP
depending on a variety of reasons i will take just one ,or two and sometimes all three drones with me ,and use which ever ones fit the criteria ,at a particular location

Reactions: db4476 and ssvdh66
I'm trying to decide if I should keep my mini 2 now that I have an M3P. Others in the same boat, what's your reasoning for keeping the Mini2 if you are?
I have both and enjoy flying both of them. I have the RC with M3P and hope that DJI incorporate the Mini 2 into the new controller one day. Personally I enjoy both, also if something goes wrong with one, you still have a standby drone. Happy Flying 😊

Reactions: old man mavic
Well, I should have offered more background... Use to have (camera drones) A2S and Mini 2. Then added the M3P.

Keeping the A2S, so the A2S and M3P back each other up.

Given this situation, I'm struggling to have a reason not to sell that Mini 2. Though the collective brain trust might think of something that's eluded me.

One of the things I do with my Mini3 is scout an area that I want to film using my Mav3. I often use the tele lens for wildlife and pano of mountains and have to drive long distances to get where I want to shoot. My Mini3 (or your Mini2) often does double duty by taking some of it's own video or images as well as let me find interesting areas that I can then fly directly to with my Mav3. I use my FPV for fun as well as a scout in the same manner.

Reactions: db4476
For traveling, I take my Mini2 ... small and easy to throw into a backpack. If I take my Mavic 3, I have to grab a additional backpack. Sure M3 is a better drone, but Mini2 takes decent video & photos if the lighting is good.

Keeping the A2S, so the A2S and M3P back each other up.

Given this situation, I'm struggling to have a reason not to sell that Mini 2.
If you live somewhere where sub-250 g is important, keeping the Mini 2 gives you a backup sub-250 g drone you can fly if something happens to your Mini 3.

I kept my Phantom as a backup to my Mavic 2 (was useful when I had to send the Mavic in for servicing).

I got a Mavic Mini so I could fly places I can't fly the Mavic 2. I'm keeping the original Mini now that I have a Mini 3, as a backup in case the Mini 3 needs servicing.

I'm in Canada, surrounded by controlled airspace, so having a sub-250 g drone makes a big difference to me. YMMV

I gifted my old drone to my son-in-law since he could never justify buying that first drone that he wanted. I don’t fly my Mavic 3 enough to justify having 2 or more drones. I worried that the batteries would suffer if not flown from time to time.

Reactions: Lister
If you're not actively using it then sell it while it has some value. The re-sale value will continue to drop as it ages.
On the other hand, if you want to keep it as a backup, then keep it knowing that the opportunity to sell it later continues to drop.

I sold my Mini 2 shortly after the M3P was released to maximise its resale value. I knew that once I had the M3P the M2 would become a very expensive ornament. I do not regret selling my M2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav