DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Got out with another forum member here on LI this morning

Looks like a very nice park to fly in. A few challenges there to move around. You may be doing this, one thing that helps me is turning on the screen grids on. It helps me see where the camera is pointing so I can use that to maneuver better.

Last edited:
@Prop Wash ...sounds like you are familiar with my problem...thank you for the tip.....it was cloudy out this morning, so the light was not the best for photography, to begin with...but it was easier to see the drone in the sky and the screen on the phone

Reactions: Prop Wash
@Prop Wash ...sounds like you are familiar with my problem...thank you for the tip.....it was cloudy out this morning, so the light was not the best for photography, to begin with...but it was easier to see the drone in the sky and the screen on the phone
I understand that. I bought an attachable screen shade to help or I step into the shade of a tree where I can still see my M2 and the screen. It's not always easy. Keep flying and keeping having fun doing it.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
It looks like your flying in sports mode. There are setting that help aliviate the rough turns and movement one of those is the use of cine mode.
I'm sure with practice you'll perfect this.
We all have to start somewhere. Good luck.

Thank you @Robyhe ...but as I said....I am getting more daring...but have never had it in sports mode yet...it is just my inexperience showing.....Cine mode is fast enough for me...and I do have a hard time seeing the drone, so I don't want it getting away from me at a fast clip....one bad habit I had was raising and lowering the gimbal....I think it was @Dale who told me to knock that off, so I no longer have that jerkiness assocoated with that...I did go into settings and slowed down all the control reactions.....I just need more flying time ...most of the guys on here have been pretty patient and helpful....just have to continue...possibly step up to a chopper with sensors...a lot of my hesitation is from fear of crashing into a tree or something ..and also from when the drone is at a distance and I have turned it..I often have a hard time ( even with the blue arrow on the screen) getting re oriented

Practice makes perfect.

Flying smoothly on a trail is tough. Fly in a more open setting like a park with just a few trees here and there. Try going around them. Perfect your use of the control sticks as you learn to make controlled, smooth moves with the drone. Then, try a trail. When I finally flew a trail I flew slowly and walked behind the drone the whole time so if something started to go wrong I saw it immediately and could stop. There were no people on the trail I flew, so in editing I sped up the footage and it looked like someone riding a bike fast along a trail with a GoPro on their helmet.

I am getting more daring with the drone...still working on smoothing out the videos
I counted 9 quick yaws in the first 28 seconds...I got so dizzy I stopped watching. It's great to practice, but edit out those unnecessary yaws and gimbal jiggles before publishing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02