DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got some nice winter footage.

dzucker

Reactions
I got some nice footage yesterday. And finally got to try Quick shots. Used the helix mode on a light house, looks pretty good.

It was around - 8° Celcius, but sunny. I did get the jello effect again and you can see that in a few of the clips in the video below. But I think I know what to do now when it happens. Twice it happened yesterday and both times I was able to fix it temporarily by moving the gimbal around with my fingers in all directions.

The Jello effect is due to the gimbal motor being frozen, after the quad has warmed up some it should relieve your drone of the jellos

Last edited:
I got some nice footage yesterday. And finally got to try Quick shots. Used the helix mode on a light house, looks pretty good.

It was around - 8° Celcius, but sunny. I did get the jello effect again and you can see that in a few of the clips in the video below. But I think I know what to do now when it happens. Twice it happened yesterday and both times I was able to fix it temporarily by moving the gimbal around with my fingers in all directions.

are you on the latest firmware?

Reactions: dzucker
are you on the latest firmware?
No, unfortunately I totally forgot to update it. I just did so now. I'll have to wait till next weekend before I can do some flying again to see if it makes a difference. They do mention in the release notes that they optimized the gimbal control, I'm curious to know what that means exactly.

No, unfortunately I totally forgot to update it. I just did so now. I'll have to wait till next weekend before I can do some flying again to see if it makes a difference. They do mention in the release notes that they optimized the gimbal control, I'm curious to know what that means exactly.

That last update fixed that problem , so you should be good to go, that gimbal is not going to freeze unless maybe ice rain but even than i doubt it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain.
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000