DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the reversible micro USB cables in today.

jaysrmc

Reactions
I can't help thinking that if there is not a potential problem or downside with this design why they have not become universal as they seem so easy to use .....

Reactions: tracer bullet
I can't help thinking that if there is not a potential problem or downside with this design why they have not become universal as they seem so easy to use .....

There is usually a downside to everything, but the fact that it could save your fragile controller micro USB port is a very big upside.

Downside is cost and the _slight_ issue with tightness of fit.

Cost of $8, to me, is trivial compared to the cost of replacing the controllers micro usb port. Tightness is fine, really no issues there. Ive got 9 of these cables.
Probably billions of USB ports in the world, damaging them is not really an issue. Does it happen? I'm sure it does but toasters are probably damaged by people putting books in them. $8 for 3 cables is not much but they are still about twice the cost of normal cables. I did not say that the cons were great, only what they were.

Reactions: Former Member
Probably billions of USB ports in the world, damaging them is not really an issue. Does it happen? I'm sure it does but toasters are probably damaged by people putting books in them. $8 for 3 cables is not much but they are still about twice the cost of normal cables. I did not say that the cons were great, only what they were.
I think toasters are a lot sturdier than the micro USB port on the controller. Both micro USB ports on the mavic controller and on the drone itself are pretty fragile. I have replaced more than I can count.

I think toasters are a lot sturdier than the micro USB port on the controller. Both micro USB ports on the mavic controller and on the drone itself are pretty fragile. I have replaced more than I can count.
I did not consider that. I'd agree that the quality on the Mavics are sub standard.

I have my charging cable and the vulnerable socket both marked on one side so that when I do try to push it in I at least know it is the right way round.

Anyone try those magnetic adapters? Seems that would give zero stress on the socket. The shortest cable I see for them is 3 feet. A one footer would be nice. But I would hate to snag it accidentally and lose connection from phone to RC.

Anyone try those magnetic adapters? Seems that would give zero stress on the socket. The shortest cable I see for them is 3 feet. A one footer would be nice. But I would hate to snag it accidentally and lose connection from phone to RC.

Good for charging, not so good for data, just for the reason you mentioned. However, the magnet is really strong.

I got the magnetic adapter about 3 days ago. I only use it for charging the controller. Flew yesterday with the connector in the controller, and it gave me no problems with the magnetic connector in there. I use a tablet, so i use the bottom usb.

I got the magnetic adapter about 3 days ago. I only use it for charging the controller. Flew yesterday with the connector in the controller, and it gave me no problems with the magnetic connector in there. I use a tablet, so i use the bottom usb.
I have a magnetic connector. I kept getting an error that the sticks were not centered. I couldn't figure out why. Then one day when flying, I couldn't get the mavic to respond to stick commands on the left stick. I tried calibration and it wouldn't work. Then I remembered the magnetic connector, I pulled it out and everything went back to normal.
I went into the calibration screen and held the magnet to the side of the controller and the points moved on the calibration screen.
The joysticks use a hall sensor, magnets really mess with them.

I have a magnetic connector. I kept getting an error that the sticks were not centered. I couldn't figure out why. Then one day when flying, I couldn't get the mavic to respond to stick commands on the left stick. I tried calibration and it wouldn't work. Then I remembered the magnetic connector, I pulled it out and everything went back to normal.
I went into the calibration screen and held the magnet to the side of the controller and the points moved on the calibration screen.
The joysticks use a hall sensor, magnets really mess with them.
Yes, i saw that you posted it in another thread. Mine was almost here, so i thought let me just try and see if it works. I have now done about 8 flights with it in the controller, and no problems or messages. Knock on wood.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d