DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPC has come out with another DJI Maciv 2 pro hard case

Curt

Reactions
Several weeks ago I posted a thread about the new hard carry case from GPC for the DJI Mavic 2 series drones and since then they have modified this case insert to include a slot for the Chrystal Sky monitor (5.5 or 7.85). For me this is the perfect solution for transporting your drone safely. I updated the first case with the new insert for $65.00. My attachment show the case with the original insert and the new updated insert which includes a slot for my Crystal Sky monitor.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 92
I never asked them if they are any relation to Alan Szabo the RC heli guru.
I don’t know Michaels last name but you’re right they’re extremely good people who know their stuff and they have helped me a number of times. Whether it’s just for questions about parts, used equipment, accessories, etc. they’ve always had answers for me.
Jim has telephoned me personally on his own time just to answer my questions.

Reactions: Former Member
I just learned of this new version of the Mavic 2 case early this week. I was quite intrigued with the thought of losing my CrystalSky case and combining it all in with my Mavic 2 Pro. The more I looked into it, the more expensive this change became. It would require selling my old case to partially fund the new one OR maybe I could just buy the foam from GPC. After contacting them and getting a price of $48 plus shipping, I had to decide what to do. This new foam/case combo doesn’t accommodate my Mavmount. So I would have to purchase to DJI Crystal Sky mount to get it in the new case. In true cheap fashion, I found another option that actually turned out better for me. A simple mod to the existing foam allowed my existing case/foam to accommodate the CrystalSky (yes, the larger one) two CS batteries, my Mavmount and one more Mavic battery than the new case allows for. Oh, it also kept the lower level where I have my backup iPad stashed along with copies of important docs like drone registration. I believe I got more in there and saved somewhere North of $60.

Check out my Mavic/ DJI Flipboard magazine at DJI MAVIC PRO 2 & AIR SPARK, INSPIRES, PHANTOMS & OSMO

View attachment 60446494B9E92-E966-4C89-8914-185FE18F7073.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you please provide a link for this GPC case. I tried going to their website and I couldn’t find it. I need the same type of setup for my 7.85” UB crystal sky monitor and I also use my iPads and the storage below the main section of the case would work very well for me.
Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
Thanks. I think I would rather have the second one you posted and modify it myself so I could store my iPad underneath the M2P. I don’t use my crystal sky monitor enough to justify getting the one that stores the crystal sky monitor. I primarily use my iPad mini 4 for flying anyway. I was only interested in a hard case for traveling and having to put it in the baggage compartment of the airlines.
The only time I pull my crystal sky out is if it’s an extremely bright, sunny day. But even then I absolutely don’t like using the Android based system.
Right now I use a Lykus backpack for mine and it works great. I prefer having a case that I can sling over my shoulders when I am out hiking/fishing.

Attachments

• 946D4D09-9A09-4C7B-8689-3AB648EA5DF7.jpeg
    946D4D09-9A09-4C7B-8689-3AB648EA5DF7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 873BBA91-C9AC-4AD1-A9ED-BA3587D12135.jpeg
    873BBA91-C9AC-4AD1-A9ED-BA3587D12135.jpeg
    989.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 6C6CB87A-1C6E-4F04-AB3B-C6C9451154A1.jpeg
    6C6CB87A-1C6E-4F04-AB3B-C6C9451154A1.jpeg
    994.8 KB · Views: 10
Sounds like you and I are pretty much in sync. I hate Android. I put up with it on the CrystalSky mostly because they took as much of the Android out of the interface as they could. I fly with all three size iPads at different times and even some Epson Moverio glasses sometimes. Sold my DJI Goggles because of the interface (Android again) and the loss of situational awareness in side them. The picture was great and I entertained my friends, but sold them once the novelty wore off.

I primarily use the hard case, but will at times when out in nature switch to a nice backpack that can accommodate my DSLR, a small 3D camera, a video camera and all my drone gear. Also used that rig, on a sojourn to Hawaii, as carryon.

Need any info on how I did the mod on the case? I didn’t detail that in my post. Just showed one shot with it inserted- unfortunately the photo flipped upside down on the post. In short, I cut one vertical piece all the way down. The cut was the width of the CS. Then I flipped it and, after carefully marking where it would need to come through, cut that part out from the underside. The lower foam insert is not modified. I store the extra props under the M2P. I don’t have a charging hub and that is what the slot now used for the CS was designed to hold. I can still put the single Mavic charger and cord in. I can carry both CS batteries in that same slot, but not the charger or charger base for the CS batteries. That’s almost always fine with me as I do most charging at home or my office.

I am thrilled to have it all in one case when I go out and I didn’t have to spend any more money.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions...

Jon

Reactions: Inspirephil
Does anybody know if there is a hard case with pre-moulded insert that will accommodate the Mavic 2 Pro and new Smart Controller along with 3-4 batteries, charging hub etc?

Not looking for ‘pluck & pull’ type of insert but a properly moulded one...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Thanks Jon for all the information you provided and I am going to wait for awhile because I am in the middle of buying a new home and it’s eating all the money I have right now. I have a hard case for my Inspire 2 and I know how well hard cases protect your investment from outside damages when you’re traveling.
But I’ll definitely be asking you more questions if I decide to go forward with it after I get settled in.
Happy/safe flying and I’ll talk to you later.
Phil :)

I just learned of this new version of the Mavic 2 case early this week. I was quite intrigued with the thought of losing my CrystalSky case and combining it all in with my Mavic 2 Pro. The more I looked into it, the more expensive this change became. It would require selling my old case to partially fund the new one OR maybe I could just buy the foam from GPC. After contacting them and getting a price of $48 plus shipping, I had to decide what to do. This new foam/case combo doesn’t accommodate my Mavmount. So I would have to purchase to DJI Crystal Sky mount to get it in the new case. In true cheap fashion, I found another option that actually turned out better for me. A simple mod to the existing foam allowed my existing case/foam to accommodate the CrystalSky (yes, the larger one) two CS batteries, my Mavmount and one more Mavic battery than the new case allows for. Oh, it also kept the lower level where I have my backup iPad stashed along with copies of important docs like drone registration. I believe I got more in there and saved somewhere North of $60.

Check out my Mavic/ DJI Flipboard magazine at DJI MAVIC PRO 2 & AIR SPARK, INSPIRES, PHANTOMS & OSMO

View attachment 60446View attachment 60447

I bought this case and also have the 7.85 Crystalsky and was wondering where the hell I was going to put my mount... You did a great job of figuring that out!! I was certainly stumped on what to do and kind of perplexed that GPC did not address the mount.

Since I have a Smart Controller on order I quickly realized that there is enough room in this exact case to just pull out the bottom part of where the stock controller would go and the Smart one would slide right in... Hence giving me a complete package with this case if I use that instead.

But with looking at your setup, I could certainly do that and be able to carry my CS when I want to, and when I carry my Smart Controller it would work also, I would just have different empty slots to stuff batteries or whatever that I need.

Here's pics of the original case setup Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 12.10.37 AM.png.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert