DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPF while flying the MA2 with the Apple mini

BenF

Reactions
Flew my new MA2 with my mini today just for giggles. Usually have a Samsung s10+. Well, the app just
went away and I'm staring at the Mini desktop when the MA2 was about 100 feet away, 100 feet in the air. I guess that is apple's version of a General Protection Fault (GPF). I still had control with the sticks, and being visual line of sight, I landed without any problems. If I had been out of line-of-sight, it would have been truly ugly. When I relaunched the MA2 app, it was still recording, so I stopped the recording. This was my first attempt using the mini with the new MA2, so it was after the new app was installed, with accepting all the conditions and logging into my DJI account. The apple mini/MA2 combination is not in my circle of trust right now.

Its a Ipad mini 4.
True, RTH probably would have saved the drone.

Then I saw PhillyDroneLife's video with the mini 4, explaining that it just doesn't have the horse power to run the app.
He states that the mini 5 will run the app ok though.

F.Y.I. Latest with my Ipad Mini4:

1. Just upgraded mini 4's operating system to IOS iPAD13.5.
2. Apple App Store had 5/20/2020 DJI Fly app. What’s new - "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.”
After updating, the app did not crash and I flew for 10 minutes without any incidents.

F.Y.I. Latest with my Ipad Mini4:

1. Just upgraded mini 4's operating system to IOS iPAD13.5.
2. Apple App Store had 5/20/2020 DJI Fly app. What’s new - "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.”
After updating, the app did not crash and I flew for 10 minutes without any incidents.
Does the mini fit in the standard phone holder?

Does the mini fit in the standard phone holder?
if you mean RC's holder - not, you need an adapter (home made) or 'proper' (commercial) one. theres a topic about it

Reactions: Bengaz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk