DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Problems, Home Point Incorrect

zad90669

Reactions
Evening Everyone!

Today I noticed for the first time significant issues with the GPS on start-up. The home point that it is recording in some 20 feet away from the actual take-off spot of the drone. My rig is a Mavic 3 (latest firmware) and the RC Pro (latest firmware). Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Evening Everyone!

Today I noticed for the first time significant issues with the GPS on start-up. The home point that it is recording in some 20 feet away from the actual take-off spot of the drone. My rig is a Mavic 3 (latest firmware) and the RC Pro (latest firmware). Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks all!
Can you post the recorded data for that flight?
That will give more information about the GPS recording at the time.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Thank you! I got it back up right now, but will upload it tomorrow morning. Thanks for looking!

Mete4: I flew around for several hours yesterday, and all seemed to work fine. I am thinking it might be a one off. I will definitely reach out again if I see the issue pop up again. Thank you for the offer.

Mete4: I flew around for several hours yesterday, and all seemed to work fine. I am thinking it might be a one off. I will definitely reach out again if I see the issue pop up again. Thank you for the offer.
If you post the data, we can see what the issue was.
It would be most unusual for the drone to record the homepoint incorrectly.
But the most common cause of complaints about wrong home point is the flyer launching prematurely, before the drone has a homepoint.
The drone then records a homepoint when it first gets good GPS location data .... somewhere after the drone has flown away from the launch point.

If you post the data, we can see what the issue was.
It would be most unusual for the drone to record the homepoint incorrectly.
But the most common cause of complaints about wrong home point is the flyer launching prematurely, before the drone has a homepoint.
The drone then records a homepoint when it first gets good GPS location data .... somewhere after the drone has flown away from the launch point.O
I really appreciate the help. Regarding retrieving the Flight Records, I am not sure if this is because I have a Mac, but I am not able to navigate to any of the folders on the RC Pro when I connect it to my computer. I am able to download the records, but only in DAT format and the website you so kindly provided seems to suggest that DAT files need a specific program to read. Happy to upload the records, but I did not want to assume you would know how to use the DAT file.

I really appreciate the help. Regarding retrieving the Flight Records, I am not sure if this is because I have a Mac, but I am not able to navigate to any of the folders on the RC Pro when I connect it to my computer. I am able to download the records, but only in DAT format and the website you so kindly provided seems to suggest that DAT files need a specific program to read. Happy to upload the records, but I did not want to assume you would know how to use the DAT file.
No ... the .txt file is the one with the information that's needed.

No ... the .txt file is the one with the information that's needed.
I have been googling around, there does not appear to be a way to get root access to the RC Pro files. Let me know if you know of another way, but I really don't want to impose upon your time!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419