DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS Tracker for Mavic

I couldn't get hold of one locally so I opted for the Trackimo. Not had any issues with it.
How or where do you mount it? Any issues with the Mavic with it on?

The guy who 3D prints the Trackimo holder for Mavic Pro sells them on eBay and he lives in Israel. I bought one the other day!! It does the job very well...

The guy who 3D prints the Trackimo holder for Mavic Pro sells them on eBay and he lives in Israel. I bought one the other day!! It does the job very well...

Thanks - would you have a link for the guy who sells the mounts?

I saw a review on Amazon that stated this holder places the GPS in a bad location that upsets the Mavics sense of direction and a crash is imminent?! Have you found any issues?
It did that for me - very bad compass interference with an rf-v16 so be careful and check your sensors before flying with it attached. The trackimo may not do this, I don't have one so I don't know.

I ordered a tiny radio beacon for the Mavik and I will use a yagi antenna and my ham radio handytalky for locator capabilities without any cell tower or gps needed. I should have it in about a week and report back on how/whether it worked.
I used to use this sort of equipment years ago for Ham Radio T hunts.

Reactions: Lelantos
That would be very interesting to see how well that works

I ordered a tiny radio beacon for the Mavik and I will use a yagi antenna and my ham radio handytalky for locator capabilities without any cell tower or gps needed. I should have it in about a week and report back on how/whether it worked.
I used to use this sort of equipment years ago for Ham Radio T hunts.
If we're talking ham gear, I have one of these, but haven't used it on the Mavic yet. Probably could, only weighs 52 grams. Uses APRS, and would beacon its location every 30 seconds, license required of course.
Mini-APRS-Transceiver | Wifi UMTS/3G GSM Antennas, Radio Amateur Antenna, coaxial cables assemblies, radio accessories

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear