DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gradual satellite drops and finally zero sats just at 300 feets

e-XPLoDeR

Reactions
Hi,
I made my first outdoor flight with my new Mini 2, but I got GPS Position Mismatch errors, dropped GPS satellites gradually and it automatically set to ATTI mode on about 350 feets high and from 40 feets distance.

Here is my flight log: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

It was very hard for me to take back and land the drone. What's the problem?

And here is the second flight, today. You can see that satellites dropped from 16-17 to 9 at a time. If I pushed more, it would reach 0 satellites, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't covered the GPS unit on the Mini 2 with something ... this is most probably related to hardware problems.

When you went into ATTI mode the first time (no horizontal hold & no braking when releasing the sticks, drifts with the wind) your Mini 2 was up on 354ft ... up there nothing will be able to obscure the sky & make it hard for the GPS chip to receive the satellite signals.

Looking at the whole flight in a chart ...

Where the pink areas is ATTI mode (gpsLevel = 0)
Blue areas are ordinary GPS mode
Red graph is barometric height above the HP in feet
Green graph is number of locked satellites
And Blue graph is gpsLevel (from a 0 = worst to 5 = best. HP is recorded when it reaches a 4. How reliable the flight controller think's that the position is)

(Click on the chart to make it larger, have placed the chart marker where the first ATTI period starts)
1644574536152.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan