DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Britain successfully tests direct-energy weapon on drone.

The very FIRST sentence in that article (that's as far as I've gotten so far) is 100% false!!

They state:

"
The United States may have a dedicated Space Force, but it appears the British Defence Ministry is the first to deploy a space-age weapon to combat drone threats.

Last week, the ministry tested its DragonFire laser in Hebrides, Scotland, successfully knocking a drone out of the air.
"

but several countries have already developed and openly demonstrated this same "Laser Anti-Drone" technology.

Australia Sept 2023

Russia Aug 2023

France Aug 2023

and this one goes all the way back to June of 2018 (USA for the WIN)

The very FIRST sentence in that article (that's as far as I've gotten so far) is 100% false!!

They state:

"
The United States may have a dedicated Space Force, but it appears the British Defence Ministry is the first to deploy a space-age weapon to combat drone threats.

Last week, the ministry tested its DragonFire laser in Hebrides, Scotland, successfully knocking a drone out of the air.
"

but several countries have already developed and openly demonstrated this same "Laser Anti-Drone" technology.

Australia Sept 2023

Russia Aug 2023

France Aug 2023

and this one goes all the way back to June of 2018 (USA for the WIN)
That's the news reporting media for you! Exaggerated to grab attention and get viewers. Happens every day everywhere, in every country. Whether or not to believe each one is another matter.😁

Reactions: BigAl07
That's the news reporting media for you! Exaggerated to grab attention and get viewers. Happens every day everywhere, in every country. Whether or not to believe each one is another matter.😁

Exactly! Sensationalism and Viewer Training are what they are all about. I research almost ANYTHING I read that I have an interest in and more often than not, the news is "Interpreted and heavily EDITORIALIZED rather than simply presented. Walter Cronkite did news how it's SUPPOSED to be done... just read the facts and let your audience make their own decisions.

Reactions: notadrop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ112