DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great DJI Refresh Repair Experience

brettseattle

Reactions
Hello everyone I wanted to report a great experience with DJI repair through the refresh program.

I've been flying by Mavic pro for nine months and only had one slight crash into a tree at slow speed did not affect flight at all from that point on (only had to replace a prop).

Three weeks ago I was flying horizontally and hit the side of a house - was possibly operator error but i suspect there was radio interference because even though it happened really fast, I was back stick on throttle.

It crashed to the ground and the drone was non responsive.. the following day I put it into the DJI refresh program - completing the online form. I received it back in about eight days total. Communication the whole way was great. I paid the normal $79 to process - but they paid shipping both ways.

New unit works fine - have had it out a few times since receiving it.

Did they fix your original or send you a new/used one. Might check the serial number.
Curious only.

That is truly great (and refreshing) news.
I'm also curious as to whether they sent you a refurbished unit, repaired yours, or sent you a new one.
I assume you're in Seattle? Which repair facility did you ship it to?

When I was just a little boy, I used to dream of one day growing up and owning a state-of-the art 4K drone the was smaller than the Phantom and supported by a company with decent-to-above average customer service. MAYBE now that dream is finally coming true!

Jiminy Cricket!

giphy.gif

Did they fix your original or send you a new/used one. Might check the serial number.
Curious only.

They actually sent me a new one, fairly certain. And it had the "new unit feel" - even though it came in a plain box wrapped in bubble wrap (sufficiently).

They actually sent me a new one, fairly certain. And it had the "new unit feel" - even though it came in a plain box wrapped in bubble wrap (sufficiently).

@TrayBoz- yeah I was super pleased with the result. I flew it today and went out about 2000' over water (towards seattle from the West) and it flew perfectly. The refresh program is an ideal form of security imho. I think the repair facility was CA or AZ.

I am "guessing" that it was a different unit and refurbished based on what I have read. This is the reason I bought a refurbished mavic. I figured being my first drone a crash was eventually inevitable and I would wind up with a refurb under the refresh program anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje