DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great Storage Option for your mavic videos

I use dropbox and have used Gdrive but these are for very different use cases, and more to do with sharing and quick backup.

Backblaze runs in the background constantly on my main PC and quietly backs everything up to 'the cloud' at a single fixed cost. I've got a few TB of media files and 4k video here.
It's not a permanent storage though so if you delete your local files they will also get removed from their servers after 30 days.

For me it's a good insurance against theft or more likely a catastrophic HD failure.
can i have a copy of your backed up data including personal data?

Yes I just meant sync. :)

Yes very cheap. Do you like syncing files between PC and online? I think it would make life easier to have it run in the background as you say, instead of having to manually backup up.

I like it because it's a set up once and then just forget about it - otherwise it's always to easy to say "Oh I'll do the backup tomorrow..."

I use their built in encryption so any files uploaded are automatically secured.

Reactions: Former Member
can i have a copy of your backed up data including personal data?

Well if you want but it won't be much good - I'm over paranoid on security - sensitive data is stored locally in a veraCrypt container then everything is re-encrypted prior to leaving my network and being uploaded to backblaze.

Well if you want but it won't be much good - I'm over paranoid on security - sensitive data is stored locally in a veraCrypt container then everything is re-encrypted prior to leaving my network and being uploaded to backblaze.
im just saying your letting perfect strangers in your computer,using even 64 bit encryption which is high standard can be broken,128 bit is out but not practical right now
cloud service could be anyone even nk,china,russia

Reactions: Lake_Flyer
im just saying your letting perfect strangers in your computer,using even 64 bit encryption which is high standard can be broken,128 bit is out but not practical right now
cloud service could be anyone even nk,china,russia

>>your letting perfect strangers in your computer
Is that not the case every time you install any software?

>>using even 64 bit encryption ... 128 bit is out but not practical right now
Backblaze uses 2048bit for key gen and 128bit per file.

VeraCrypt uses multi-layered 256bit by default. Sure it is theoretically breakable at the moment and will one day be deemed weak, but security is all about raising the bar and trade off between value and convenience.

>>your letting perfect strangers in your computer
Is that not the case every time you install any software?

>>using even 64 bit encryption ... 128 bit is out but not practical right now
Backblaze uses 2048bit for key gen and 128bit per file.

VeraCrypt uses multi-layered 256bit by default. Sure it is theoretically breakable at the moment and will one day be deemed weak, but security is all about raising the bar and trade off between value and convenience.
yes,software installation is opening the possibility but usually isnt full access especially to drives
theres no fool proof way but mine are spread across 3 computers running only the intranet
foolproof-no but a tad safer

Im not a computer genius, so do you think a normal Win 10 desktop can handle an 8tb internal drive?
Sure, it's just a storage device, CPU speed and size of RAM determine speed and amount of computational instructions that run. A video editing machine should have a significant amount of RAM. It's the cheapest and easiest way to upgrade your computer. The Intel "I Core" chips are very good at video editing and game playing also.

Iv'e been a computer tech for 18 years and buy ALL my parts from Newegg.com

Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, and More - Newegg.com

It depends on the computer, not the OS. I have a tower computer with empty bays that have the wiring in place yet the motherboard will not support an extra drive. I guess the software and hardware designers couldn't agree so they both did their own thing.

Did you look at the settings in the BIOS/Set Up? You may have to change a setting to enable it to see another drive. Or you may have to partition the HD into separate smaller drives.

BE CAREFUL ! Write down any setting you change so you can reset them if there is an issue.... You can kill your computer in setup, so research very carefully.

Just to be clear, that's not the same drive the OP was talking about. That's a full-size desktop drive that requires a separate power source in addition to the USB connection.

Not all external drives for desktops require an additional power supply... but internal drives definitely do. The advantage of an internal is the SATA port is much faster than USB which makes for better video editing.

Did you look at the settings in the BIOS/Set Up? You may have to change a setting to enable it to see another drive. Or you may have to partition the HD into separate smaller drives.

BE CAREFUL ! Write down any setting you change so you can reset them if there is an issue.... You can kill your computer in setup, so research very carefully.
In this case it is not a BIOS problem but the chipset topology in the motherboard.

Thats too bad... I have a couple self powered 3.0 USB externals and swap them back and forth with my laptop and other computers.
USB storage works fine, I just can't add another internal hard drive. I am in IT and have never seen a setup like this; in that there is an empty bay, wiring installed, and a port on the motherboard for another internal drive yet the chipset will not support it. And this is a business-class Dell.

USB storage works fine, I just can't add another internal hard drive. I am in IT and have never seen a setup like this; in that there is an empty bay, wiring installed, and a port on the motherboard for another internal drive yet the chipset will not support it. And this is a business-class Dell.

It is strange that you can't add another drive, especially if the wiring and ports are provided. Have you tried to flash the bios? I'm certified with Dell and have never seen a machine that you can't add other drives... either HDs or DVDs.

Reactions: W2EJ
It is strange that you can't add another drive, especially if the wiring and ports are provided. Have you tried to flash the bios? I'm certified with Dell and have never seen a machine that you can't add other drives... either HDs or DVDs.

Re: SATA Drives Not Detected
Are all your drives ENABLED? When you start the PC, press F2 to go into the BIOS, then go to Drives, press ENTER and go to each drive in the list looking whether it's ON or OFF. You should find SATA-0 ON, all other SATA OFF (except if you have more than one hard drive OR if you have a SATA optical drive), and PATA should list your optical drive(s). I have an 8400 with 2 optical drives, so both (Drive 4 and Drive 5) are ON. If they are ON and not showing any Drive ID description, try following the istructions to reset your BIOS and check again.

If you are not sure what is connected where, turn everything on and look if the system finds something connected (in the BIOS screen). Once you have identified all connected drives, switch off the drives that are unconnected.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EJ
dell is a very proprietary build,not very upgradeable,sounds like your limitations are in your M/B

Thanks for your help Cheech and my apologies to the OP for going off topic.

Not all external drives for desktops require an additional power supply... but internal drives definitely do. The advantage of an internal is the SATA port is much faster than USB which makes for better video editing.
The drive linked to in my post was a full-size external drive that definitely required an external AC adapter. The OP had referred to a portable drive that was powered over USB and didn't require a separate power supply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S