DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Great sunset and evening flight and sd card went out. Is it the drone.

Jonathonmp

Reactions
Put the new SD card into my Mavic To pro and when I got done with the flight plugged it into the computer says problem with the SD card and it needs to be formatted put it in my Mavic air when read it either what's going on? It was working fine all week as well. It's a San disk gold and black one but rated at v90 also which is overkill speed but still. Is this a write problem with the drone or is the new sdxc card faulty. 64gb.

You did stop recording before you powered off right.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Did u first format card in drone? Before taking pics or recording? Found this had to be done with a few of my cards.... Try formatting in drone.... If that doesn't work maybe a counterfeit? U didn't get it it on Amazon did u lol?

I dont understand your post. When you put in the Mavic Air did it also not read the card (recognize the card)?

You could try putting it back into the M2 and powering on, starting/stopping recording and then try reading it.

If not then put it in the M2 and choose to format it. Take some test pics/video and then try to read again. Still not working swap with another card to test and verify whether it is a card problem or drone problem.

Hey guys sorry for the late replay. Thank you all for the suggestions.
Here is a brief recap of what is going on as I believe it is related to a new thread I just now created but the thread is awaiting approval first.
1. When the v90 sandisk card get somewhere around half full it corrupts. But not fully. I ha w to use various data recovery techniques to get the footage. Only some are ok after that. I reformatted it using windows short and quick methods. I used a special sd format program to no avail. ***i did after any of those methods make sure I formatted immediately inside the dji drone and app.
2. There appears to be extreme amount of jitter like it can't keep up with the write speed but obviously that v90 card is more than enough. It happens at 1080p and both 4K resolutions. 30 FPS on both still do it. It doesn't appear to happen at the 1080p faster FPS.

3. It only happens when there is a lot going on in the moment like flying over trees with a highway in the background or by moving the gimbal up and down.
4. Speed of gimbal is 9 and smoothness was tested from 10 to 30 and it still does it.
5. Mavic air samething thing as well.

Side question not related but is there a reason why that new thread I made about jitter in my videos says it's waiting for approval? Is that a new thing?

fake? Not sure I understand what you mean by that as it is a reputable brand sandisk but I did pull it up and run to check disc repair functions and nothing was found to be bad or needed correcting.

There are a great many poor quality cards that are reprinted and passed off as SanDisk by unscrupulous sellers, I've never tried H2TestW myself, but it'll test the read/write speed. Did it come in original packaging?

Agreed, either fake or simply a bad card. You didn't mention which Sandisk card you are using... ??? Is it a class 3?

Did you try a different card? The common denominator is the card between the two drones. Change the card.

For no problems, Sandisk Extreme Pro and Extreme Plus will work fine.

Agreed, either fake or simply a bad card. You didn't mention which Sandisk card you are using... ??? Is it a class 3?

Did you try a different card? The common denominator is the card between the two drones. Change the card.

For no problems, Sandisk Extreme Pro and Extreme Plus will work fine.
It's the gold woth black coloring. The pro or whatever they call it. The class is v90. They still use 3, and 10 the normal numbers your used to seeing the v90 marking are technically the new class marking for the high end newest cards.

*** actually my mistake. It is a Lexar brand card. The 1800x professional speed rating v90 card. 64 gb. Here is the link
Lexar Professional 1800X 64GB MicroSDXC Uhs-II Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QM348D9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_F.NQEbXG1CH1E

It's simple. Change the card and see if you have the same problem. You have 2 drones having the same problem, the one thing between the two is you are using the same card. Change it. Use one of the ones I mentioned, they are verified as compatible with the drones you have.

It's simple. Change the card and see if you have the same problem. You have 2 drones having the same problem, the one thing between the two is you are using the same card. Change it. Use one of the ones I mentioned, they are verified as compatible with the drones you have.
Not that simple as I would have never made this post if what you mentioned to try yielded the results so I can change the address card out or whatever.
Card or no card card in either the problem happens. Much less frequently on the internal storage but still there plain as day.

im beginning to wonder if this is firmware related somehow. Perhaps with a setting that is turned on on both drones like a color setting or something because while the possibilitynow I could be wrong because I don't know the write speed on the internal memory but it's entirely possible the internal memory is juat plain slow and ok and my sd card is bad giving me two bad falses. Then I look to the firmware and maybe there is something there with both drones that is causing it.
I say that because like clock work around half of the 64 used up it corrupts itself. I have to recover the day at woth various methods and software but also the videos are still they and play great when in either drone.

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't understand. Have you tried a different SD card yet?

You say the same problem occurs with the internal memory. when the internal memory gets half full (that would be 4gb) it becomes corrupted? How so?

so you take a video stored on the internal memory and everything is ok until you reach 50% of the internal video?

sd cards- what brand and type did you try? Sounds like you should take both drones back to where you purchased them and have the shop try them out with you in person.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky