DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green and Red Strobe Plus one White Strobe on top

I also will be putting a white light on top too,someone recommended that I do that for some reason. I am guessing it helps aircraft see ya better from the top maybe?
It’s the law for night flying. Did you take the TRUST exam? I believe it tells you all about this and it’s free. The top one needs to be visible for 3SM and flashing at a rate that will draw the attention of any manned aircraft in the vicinity.

More to look at if someone is buying lights. I do think they are brighter than the firehouse.
I have the firehouse ones and they are good to 3 miles or more and they are Part 107 approved.

A little something to read about lights.

Reactions: FireAnt
I have the firehouse ones and they are good to 3 miles or more and they are Part 107 approved.

There's no Part 107 approval system for strobes or other hardware. The manufacturer might say that they're Part 107 compliant and they may have conducted tests, but the FAA does not.

For what it's worth, I have Firehouse and Vifly strobes and I'm very pleased with both.

Reactions: Dbez1
There's no Part 107 approval system for strobes or other hardware. The manufacturer might say that they're Part 107 compliant and they may have conducted tests, but the FAA does not.

For what it's worth, I have Firehouse and Vifly strobes and I'm very pleased with both.
Doh I meant compliant,not approved my bad sorry.

Reactions: MS Coast
I have a MA2 fitted with Firehouse strobes and Aerial-Pixel mounts. My set up is:

Front left arm = GREEN (I know it is flying towards me)

Rear right arm = RED (I know it is flying away from me)

Top clamped over battery = White (For aircraft above to see me)

More to look at if someone is buying lights. I do think they are brighter than the firehouse.
I found these mounts for the Vifly. B7D2B988-3AA7-417F-86D5-999C24452E4C.png

Any landing pad will solve the long leg issue. I’ve used the simple exercise foam pad (two foot square) for leveling and dust reduction for some time now.
Fly safe!
I put landing gear attachment on my Air2 after the Air2 sustained damage to a front leg which won't support weight of aircraft anymore. I really haven't noticed any adverse affect on the Air2's performance.

It’s the law for night flying. Did you take the TRUST exam? I believe it tells you all about this and it’s free. The top one needs to be visible for 3SM and flashing at a rate that will draw the attention of any manned aircraft in the vicinity.
No where in the regulations does it say you have to mount your anti-collision on the top of the aircraft. You certainly can, but not a requirement. Here is what part 107 says:

In order to fly at night "the small unmanned aircraft has to have lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles that has a flash rate sufficient to avoid a collision. The remote pilot in command may reduce the intensity of, but may not extinguish, the anti-collision lighting if he or she determines that, because of operating conditions, it would be in the interest of safety to do so."

Reactions: FireAnt and JmsWms
No where in the regulations does it say you have to mount your anti-collision on the top of the aircraft. You certainly can, but not a requirement. Here is what part 107 says:

In order to fly at night "the small unmanned aircraft has to have lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles that has a flash rate sufficient to avoid a collision. The remote pilot in command may reduce the intensity of, but may not extinguish, the anti-collision lighting if he or she determines that, because of operating conditions, it would be in the interest of safety to do so."
You’re correct. The top is just where I place mine. I was careless in my wording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett