DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from a new pilot in Belgium

A very good suggestion of which I also have been thinking, but then I will have to get a second SIM card with new telephone number for the drone in order to have internet connection and that will take some days to arrive. So the test-flight will be postponed unless I can find another temperary solution?
You don't need a sim card for the S8, just hot-spot the S8 to the Motorola, the Motorola becomes the' internet' and that's all you need to fly. If you're uncertain about it, just google hotspot for your phone model.

Here you go..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here you go..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And once the hot-spot is set up and switched on on the motorola, on the S8 go to WiFi settings, and you'll 'find' the motorola. Connect, and off you go..

He, thanks Alex! That is a great suggestion of which I did not think, but it is a bit awkward to use a phone with much better specs only for the remote and the other to be used overall. It would have been more logical if I could use my Motorola solely for the remote but that is not an option because I would still need to install DJI Fly on it.

In the meantime I had the S8 configured (and copied all apps and stuff from the Motorola to the Samsug) and got my Mavic Mini in the air with the Samsung in the remote: the Mavic Mini is flying very nice and it is fun to control it: great!!Thumbswayup

So I am a happy new pilot :)!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Baxter
Hello all,

Received my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo today! It is my first drone, so I am quite excited :)

I just unpacked it all and the batteries are charging at this very moment, so I will have to be a little patient before trying out my Mavic Mini. I hope to find new friends here and some help if needed.

Stay safe and see you here on the forum.

Greetings from Broechem (Belgium),

Ronny
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton, Ohio USA. Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaffito