DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from North Florida

ThatBeardedDroneGuy

Part 107 Bubba
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well, I've been wanting a drone for years but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. And then the wife surprised me by booking a two-week trip to Hawaii. What better excuse do I need? :D

I'm a software development manager and I've been in IT for close to 30 years. I've also done some photography as well. I used to shoot youth sports (mostly soccer) but have also shot NCAA football and women's softball. And, of course, I've done wedding and portrait photography. I really love nature and architectural, though, and I'm looking forward to getting some new perspectives with the help of the drone.

My initial intent was to just fly recreationally but I've already started studying for the Part 107 exam.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. 👍

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Well, I've been wanting a drone for years but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. And then the wife surprised me by booking a two-week trip to Hawaii. What better excuse do I need? :D

I'm a software development manager and I've been in IT for close to 30 years. I've also done some photography as well. I used to shoot youth sports (mostly soccer) but have also shot NCAA football and women's softball. And, of course, I've done wedding and portrait photography. I really love nature and architectural, though, and I'm looking forward to getting some new perspectives with the help of the drone.

My initial intent was to just fly recreationally but I've already started studying for the Part 107 exam.

Looking forward to being part of this community.
Welcome from the Texas gulf coast. I too found drones to be the perfect blend of my love of photography and technology. Good luck with that Part 107 and I highly recommend it even if you don't plan to fly commercially. Happy and safe flying and hope you get some great images on that vacation to Hawaii!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Thanks, everyone! @R.Cowan whereabouts? I was born and raised in San Antonio and have a lot of family back in Texas. There seems to be a good contingency in the Refugio area.

Here's a pic I took last night while playing around with AEB. I didn't fly too high since it was obviously getting dark and the Mini 2 doesn't have lights. I think it came out pretty nice.

surfer-bar-1024x72.jpg

Thanks, everyone! @R.Cowan whereabouts? I was born and raised in San Antonio and have a lot of family back in Texas. There seems to be a good contingency in the Refugio area.

Here's a pic I took last night while playing around with AEB. I didn't fly too high since it was obviously getting dark and the Mini 2 doesn't have lights. I think it came out pretty nice.

View attachment 145573
Nice shot and I believe you nailed the exposure! From Pearland, just south of Houston and about 35 miles north of Gaveston. My wife was raised in San Antonio. She still has family there...so we make the visit fairly often.

Welcome too from the U.K. you’re going to love your hobby/ies. Great place to fly around you I guess-friends in Ponte Vedra. We haven’t visited but their home looks lovely and the surrounding countryside.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803