DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the south shore of Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Welcome Scott.
I’m in Hull, not far from Weymouth.
Any questions regarding the MP I’m here for you.
View attachment 40330

Greenflash -

That is a "great" photo! Drone photography, actually any good photography is something I'm trying to learn more about. I got a Mavic Pro for Christmas and now have about 20 flights so far with many recent ones.

Your photo has colors that really jump out and I'm really just learning about the camera settings and filters.

Are there any groups that get together in MA? I'm looking to find a group with some folks I can learn from and also was wondering if you recommended any "hands on" classes that might be offered in the area.

Many thanks

Hi MJB,
For still photography I recommend Google’s free “Snapseed” tablet ,iOS or android, editing app. Plan to spend time working the adjustment sliders to see what pleases you. Working with a tablet is more like “fingers on”. Right now I use a 10.5 iPad Pro for both flying and photo/video processing. For video I process in “LumaFusion”(lumatouch).
Understanding were the software can take you makes your vision more astute. Oh, and don’t forget to have fun along the way.

Reactions: MJB
Well, I tried it today and it seemed like a great place to learn how to pilot, although not as photogenic as areas along the coast. Great sight lines and wide open areas.

Hey “cbentzel”,
I guess I missed your message from back on July 7th.
I have flown at Southfield (...although I grew up in Rockland and will always think of it as “Naval Air Station Weymouth).
Yep, it is a great place to fly.
- Scott

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+