DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from the UK!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

older models with cruder hardware could pick up background noise and interpret it as a radio signal.
The first R/C plane I ever flew was a 1-channel with a pulse Radio. Rudder only. Push the button once and as long as the button was held it was Right Rudder. Push twice and hold on the second push you had Left Rudder. The plane was always on a slight climb and when the fuel ran out, it glided down. All you had was directional control... But up to that time, it was either launch and glide or U-Control...

Ah, the Good Old Days...

Last edited:
The first R/C plane I ever flew was a 1-channel with a pulse Radio. Rudder only. Push the button once and as long as the button was held it was Right Rudder. Push twice and hold on the second push you had Left Rudder. The plance was alwasy on a slight climb and when the fuel ran out, it glided down. All you had was directional control... But up to that time, it was either launch and glide or U-Control...

Ah, the Good Old Days...
Makes our newfangled, modern drones seem futuristic by comparison!

60 years ago ,when i was just 16 years old ,if someone had sat me down and told me about the technology we now enjoy in the RC hobby ,i would have thought that they were a suitable candidate for the loony bin, and now i am here 60 years later ,i wonder what the next leap forwards will be ,and that i cant wait to find out

i wonder what the next leap forwards will be ,and that i cant wait to find out
I predict goggles that will read eye movement for directional control with audio pick-ups for total control (ie: Start, Rise, Land, Forward 25%, Return Home, and a whole lot more verbal commands...)

I predict goggles that will read eye movement for directional control with audio pick-ups for total control (ie: Start, Rise, Land, Forward 25%, Return Home, and a whole lot more verbal commands...)
Possibly. I feel motion controls might be more likely - head attitude or hand motion is not only more simple but more intuitive too. The technology is already there with VR too,

I feel motion controls might be more likely - head attitude or hand motion
However it goes, it is going to be interesting… In the 1982 Movie "Firefox" where Clint Eastwood (an American Pilot that had a Russian mother), steals the latest Russian Mig-31, capable of Mach 6, has weapons that are "thought actuated and fired" They need "Clint" because he not only spoke Russian, he could think in Russian.

So, you may not need to move your head, you might only need to think about moving your head…

Clint_Eastwood_s_Firefox_the_missile_cruiser.gif

Reactions: Mavikhan
However it goes, it is going to be interesting… In the 1982 Movie "Firefox" where Clint Eastwood (an American Pilot that had a Russian mother), steals the latest Russian Mig-31, capable of Mach 6, has weapons that are "thought actuated and fired" They need "Clint" because he not only spoke Russian, he could think in Russian.

So, you may not need to move your head, you might only need to think about moving your head…

View attachment 162478
It sure is.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure