DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Upstate NY

Ned Bogan

Reactions
I recently caught the drone bug. My case appears to be a bad one and the symptoms are severe.

I'll be buying a drone soon, but I'm still in that awkward pre-first purchase research phase and I'm presently stumbling through the obligatory "what should I buy" quandary. I'm itching to grab a Mavic 3 with an RC Pro controller, but fiscal responsibility points non-professional me at an Air 2S with the stock controller and curiosity makes me wonder if a Mini 3 wouldn't be the best starter vehicle. Worse yet, the FPV is also gnawing on me and I know I'll be unable to resist it in the long run. I wish I had the $$ to just grab one of each right now, but that sadly isn't the case.

I'm looking forward to flying being more fun than the amount of fun I'm having trying to figure out what first steps to take.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Ned Bogan.

I'll be buying a drone soon, but I'm still in that awkward pre-first purchase research phase and I'm presently stumbling through the obligatory "what should I buy"

All of them. :D

I started with the discontinued Spark and now I'm flying the MA 2.

There's quite a few options now for the beginners to choose from.

Depending on what you purchase, it may have to be registered with the FAA.

You can take the TRUST test now and have a copy with you when you fly.

Good luck, have fun researching the different models, and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum! Yeah . . . sounds like you caught a nasty case. Only a purchase will treat it . . . but not cure it! Enjoy the forum sir!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Welcome to the forum! :)

curiosity makes me wonder if a Mini 3 wouldn't be the best starter vehicle
DJI doesn't really make a starter consumer drone. Since they all fly nearly the same (minus the FPV), you'll be able to fly other drones as soon as you learn to fly one.

The Mavic 3 is a really nice drone. However, even the Mini 2 could be a good choice for you if it comes packed with the features you think you'll need. If you haven't done so already, you can compare the features side by side here.

I recently caught the drone bug. My case appears to be a bad one and the symptoms are severe.

I'll be buying a drone soon, but I'm still in that awkward pre-first purchase research phase and I'm presently stumbling through the obligatory "what should I buy" quandary. I'm itching to grab a Mavic 3 with an RC Pro controller, but fiscal responsibility points non-professional me at an Air 2S with the stock controller and curiosity makes me wonder if a Mini 3 wouldn't be the best starter vehicle. Worse yet, the FPV is also gnawing on me and I know I'll be unable to resist it in the long run. I wish I had the $$ to just grab one of each right now, but that sadly isn't the case.

I'm looking forward to flying being more fun than the amount of fun I'm having trying to figure out what first steps to take.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome from another upstate NYer. I would suggest doing as much reading on the forums here to get a good sense of what drone model you want to get steered to. These forums are a wealth of knowledge that is priceless.

Certainly get your TRUST certificate and I would highly recommend Pilot Institute's 107 course. It's worth it's weight in gold. Best of luck in whatever path you choose.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji