DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ground detection not working

Bodkin's Best Photography

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
Was out flying with a friend today and he was coming in for a landing in sport mode. Upon descending his drone did NOT detect the ground below and smacked right into it and bounced off. He noticed the same thing later on and was expecting it so no impact this time but it still approached the ground rapidly with no signs of slowing down. We checked the sensors on the bottom and did not detect any debris, obstruction or dirt. The ground was slightly shiny due to a recent rain shower, but this behaviour did not manifest in my drone despite flying at the same time and location as him.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Reactions: WestcoastMini
Its not the Rain its just the Sport Mode turning off the sensors , No reason to land in Sport mode and its nice to
have those sensors turned off. Refreshing without the beeping.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.

Its not the Rain its just the Sport Mode turning off the sensors , No reason to land in Sport mode and its nice to

Phantomrain.org
The mini2 ground sensors stay on in all three flight modes and has the same landing procedure as well. Where did you see that the sensors are turned off in Sport mode ?

My friend tested his in Sport mode coming down and it slowed down about 10 feet from the ground then engaged the audible landing sequence.

Phantomrain.org
Doubtful. I was also in Sport mode and didn't experience anything like this in my subsequent tests.

Reactions: WestcoastMini
The mini's landing sensors always stay on, despite what mode your in. They can't be turned off. You got a broken drone dude.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure