DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grounded !¿

Sevier456

Reactions
I live within 5 miles of an airport. (Shh)

I have never had a restriction on my flight until yesterday. I was limited to a certain distance.

I then restarted my mavic and there was no restriction. Any ideas why that wouldh happen randomly then not ?

Do you live right on the edge of the five mile radius? Are you flying in areas that block GPS reception.

I live within a NFZ. I'll start the Mavic up while inside of my house, but once GPS reception is received the motors stop (while running on the ground).

I've turned off the NFZ feature on my Mavic. Now I just get a warning vs. killing the motors or forced landing event.

I live within 5 miles of an airport. (Shh)

I live 3.5 miles from a regional airport and I never get a hard stop. I do sometimes get the warning and ask me to confirm, but even that is sporadic. No need to keep it on the down low either as you are perfectly legal to fly within 5 miles you just have to notify the airport. I called my airport manager and had a long pleasant conversation with her from the very beginning. Now all I have to do is shoot her an email whenever I am flying just to let her know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ottog