DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(Gutter/trough) inspections etc: Is the *idea* possibly a security question for owners?

Bill_H

Reactions
Note: Am only suggesting this due to my lack of knowledge... Here goes: I bought an older iPhone and use it exclusively with my MM ..and lovin it. Now for the question: A good friend wants that I check out his rain gutters for possible clogging or potential problems high up. (I do this myself with my own guttering. Example below) The thing is.. *I want him to have HIS photo on HIS iPhone. So.. Might I have him download the DJI app to his iPhone, plug his iPhone into the controller, go up, take the photo and ...it's on HIS iPhone... not mine*. (Don't know how to transfer files). I accept that it could possibly be a security issue (?) Has anyone done this 'switch phones' manouver?

Attachments

• Troughs_SW1.jpg
    Troughs_SW1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 86
@Bill_H the easiest way to do it is to just add the pic to an Email and send it to him

@Bill_H the easiest way to do it is to just add the pic to an Email and send it to him
Haha. That worked. Flight happened and the files weren't THAT large. He put me onto his wifi and the rest was easy-peasy of course. Not sure I wanted to test DJI's security out anyway ie with my Mini showing up on my pal's iPhone.. Not sure that would 'fly' anyway... so-to-speak

Reactions: old man mavic
I accept that it could possibly be a security issue (?)
Not sure I wanted to test DJI's security out anyway ie with my Mini showing up on my pal's iPhone.. Not sure that would 'fly' anyway... so-to-speak
What you mentioned is unnecessarily complicated but there are no "security" implications.
The same drone can be used with different phones or tablets.
You can buy a used drone and fly it with your phone without any complications.

What you mentioned is unnecessarily complicated but there are no "security" implications.
The same drone can be used with different phones or tablets.
You can buy a used drone and fly it with your phone without any complications.
Thanks. It's all a part of my 'learn' curve and I appreciate your inputting information.

Reactions: mereflyer
Thanks. It's all a part of my 'learn' curve and I appreciate your inputting information.
You might find these two apps useful if emailing photos and videos. They reduce the file sizes without hugely affecting resolution. Free versions and not expensive to upgrade; very easy to use on an iphone.

Photos:
‎Photo Compress - Shrink Pics
Video:

Enjoy your flying and thanks for posting. For safety over water, that kit looks excellent, even just as a recovery aid. I use my Air 2 regularly for gutter checks, too. And the digital zoom made roof inspections a whole lot safer, as well. ??

Reactions: mereflyer
Seems to me the hi-res files are on the drone - not in the phone. Which did you give him?

Reactions: DanMan32
I don't know iPhones but they generally have the same functionality as android phones, possibly with a different name. I've used something called Quick Share, which is common to at least Samsung devices if not all android devices, to share images and videos between my phone and my tablet. It's just connecting them via wi-fi.

mikeg

The easiest way to go from one iOS device to another (or to a desktop Mac) is to use AirDrop. It uses Bluetooth to find other devices near you and WiFi to transfer the file. Much easier and faster than emailing, and probably more secure because your email isn’t sitting on a server somewhere. While looking at the file (or group of files ) you want to send, tap the share icon (a square with an up-arrow on top), then select the recipient, and that’s it. Recipient usually has to accept transfer.

Reactions: Bill_H
Funny seeing this, I just cleaned the leaves out of my gutters with the prop wash from my MP2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1