DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guy announces plans to take FAA to court and challenging NPRM

xspwhite

Reactions
A guy by the name of Tyler Brennan has started a fund raiser to challenge the FAA in court over remote id. Brennan is the owner of Race Day Quads. The fund raiser he posted on go fund me has raised over $1800 of the $100,000 goal in just one day and seems to be growing at a fast pace.

Brennan has also made an announcement on Reddet and there are some YouTube videos popping up too.

I do hope this isn't just some money grab? I dont think I would donate unless I knew there was a strong case.

Last edited:
Apparently there was a protest that took place at FAA headquarters in Washington DC over the weekend.

Hadn’t had time to watch that but in another thread talking about it didn't they say they had closed for that day.
I will have to look for it.

Reactions: xspwhite
Hadn’t had time to watch that but in another thread talking about it didn't they say they had closed for that day.
(FAA has apparently shut their offices down on Friday and told their employees that nobody had to come in for work that day)
Wasn’t a thread was in this.

They didnt say anything in this vid about closing, but there was a famous actor there.

I thought you were joking in the other thread. I didn't know there was really a protest.

They didnt say anything in this vid about closing, but there was a famous actor there.
Well if that was a Friday you see what that said. Will have to watch the video.

I thought you were joking in the other thread. I didn't know there was really a protest.
Naaa I wouldn’t joke about that bro. Was just what I read.

A guy by the name of Tyler Brennan has started a fund raiser to challenge the FAA in court over remote id. Brennan is the owner of Race Day Quads. The fund raiser he posted on go fund me has raised over $1800 of the $100,000 goal in just one day and seems to be growing at a fast pace.

Brennan has also made an announcement on Reddet and there are some YouTube videos popping up too.

I do hope this isn't just some money grab? I dont think I would donate unless I knew there was a strong case.

Unfortunately for Tyler, having a hissy fit because you don't like the FAA proposal to regulate sUAS operations in the NAS is not solid ground for a legal challenge. I doubt it's a deliberate scam, but it certainly is a dumb idea.

Unfortunately for Tyler, having a hissy fit because you don't like the FAA proposal to regulate sUAS operations in the NAS is not solid ground for a legal challenge. I doubt it's a deliberate scam, but it certainly is a dumb idea.
I dont see a constitutional rights violation. So he will have to come up with something better than that.

Its no telling what all we will see happen in the next few years.

Yeah, this is a bad idea. You can't bring a judicial challenge to the substance of a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking. Agency action has to be final -- the actual rule has to be adopted -- to be challenged. Though you don't have to wait until its actually in effect if there's a delay between adoption and effective date, it does have to be final. Here, I think it's likely there will be changes in the final rule, which makes challenging the NPRM kind of silly.

I'd stay way from that for now. I'm not a lawyer, but I thought one has to be harmed before that have standing to bring a lawsuit. The Notice of Propose Rulemaking is just that . . . it ain't a rule yet. In fact, we don't know what the final rule might be, so it's way premature to be soliciting funds to fight something that isn't yet.

Solid ground for a legal challenge; no, but it does send a message to the FAA that the drone community is not happy with their proposed remaking in a way that leaving a public comment on a website just can't compare.

Solid ground for a legal challenge; no, but it does send a message to the FAA that the drone community is not happy with their proposed remaking in a way that leaving a public comment on a website just can't compare.
Very true, unfortunately a lot of people in the “drone community“ are very happy about these rules. In fact, a lot of them want even more stringent laws and regulations

Very true, unfortunately a lot of people in the “drone community“ are very happy about these rules. In fact, a lot of them want even more stringent laws and regulations
I don't know about the drone community. There are certainly some that support it; but most of the comments on the NPRM that are in support of it seem to be coming from model aircraft flyers

Lol
You can’t take them to court until the laws passed.
There may be a strong case to strike down the law but really you need to see the law before you can do anything about it.

Right now there’s nothing to take to court.

That's far too generous. The message it sends is that some people are just clueless.

Lol
You can’t take them to court until the laws passed.
There may be a strong case to strike down the law but really you need to see the law before you can do anything about it.

Right now there’s nothing to take to court.

You can take anyone or the government to court for anything you want; doesn't mean it won't get thrown out by the judge

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones