DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had a fly away today.

Reactions
Everything was fine. Took off, 2 seconds later, it just flew right into the trees. YAY!!

zTRiOoVh.jpg

Yikes!!
I hope you have DJI refresh?

Rob

Everything was fine. Took off, 2 seconds later, it just flew right into the trees. YAY!!

zTRiOoVh.jpg
I am so sorry to hear that 225, that is a major drag and I am sorry for your loss.
Regards,
-d.

Oh snap! That job doesn't look like it can be handled with a roll of duct tape and a bottle of WD40. Sorry for your loss.

That is one sorry sight :(

Reactions: Hogbert_1999
Very sorry to hear about your fly away. Were there anything around the area that could have blocked your signal ? Very strange that it took off on it's own, however I read more and more of this happening.

Very sorry to hear about your fly away. Were there anything around the area that could have blocked your signal ? Very strange that it took off on it's own, however I read more and more of this happening.

I don't know.

I don't have DJI refresh, but I ordered the parts to fix it which was a broken arm and that piece of aluminum that holds the gimbal, and a new ribbon. $100.

As soon as it's fixed, it's going on eBay.

how did it "just fly into trees"? Like randomly just went somewhere with no input on the controller? Why sell it on ebay if you fix it? Dont hock it off on someone else if something internal is wrong and caused it to fly away.

If you take it apart, check the steel stranded cable in addition to the gimbal ribbon cable, you might need that one as well. I have fixed many gimbals, and only 1 stranded cable survived a ribbon cable being broken. Follow it all the way from the cam body to the gimbal circuit board and check for broken strands.

Did you desolder the LF arm yet? Be careful because the 2 microsolders for the LED lights are very fragile and you can easily torch the main board while trying to remove and reinstall it.

Is there any life in your gimbal? Error messages on DJI Go?

I don't know.

I don't have DJI refresh, but I ordered the parts to fix it which was a broken arm and that piece of aluminum that holds the gimbal, and a new ribbon. $100.

As soon as it's fixed, it's going on eBay.
At least do the right thing and make full disclosure to potential buyers.

how did it "just fly into trees"? Like randomly just went somewhere with no input on the controller? Why sell it on ebay if you fix it? Dont hock it off on someone else if something internal is wrong and caused it to fly away.

I wonder if he moved far enough away and then hit RTH? It would explain what happened.

Rob

Did it fly vertically into the trees or laterally? Auto takeoff? Any app messages? If you could upload your flight log we could possibly learn what caused it.

I use a site called airdata.com (formerly healthydrones.com). You simply upload the log file from your smart device to there, then share a link here to the page for that flight

I took off, then looked up, and it just flew off. I was 5 feet from it when it happened.

If you take it apart, check the steel stranded cable in addition to the gimbal ribbon cable, you might need that one as well. I have fixed many gimbals, and only 1 stranded cable survived a ribbon cable being broken. Follow it all the way from the cam body to the gimbal circuit board and check for broken strands.

Did you desolder the LF arm yet? Be careful because the 2 microsolders for the LED lights are very fragile and you can easily torch the main board while trying to remove and reinstall it.

Is there any life in your gimbal? Error messages on DJI Go?

I ordered a cable too. Lots of errors popped up AFTER it crashed. If I sell it, I will disclose everything and make sure it works with 10-15 flights first.

Here is the screen shot of the errors:
cFK6nQGh.png

This might be a warranty issue, I have seen others with IMU heading exception errors get their Mavic replaced under warranty. I think it was a stuck accelerometer which contributed to a crash. You might have a similar issue.

You already ordered parts? I wouldn't start tinkering with the drone just yet since it might void the warranty. Have you contacted DJI?
Once you get the flight log from the Mavic someone here will surely help you interpret the results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter