DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had a visit today, regarding flying.

Ramjam61

Reactions
This morning I decided to fly my Air 2 at my usual ( near home ) spot. Whilst flying I noticed a man walking straight towards me, quite smartly dressed for the muddy fields. I landed and waited for him to approach, I noticed he had an id badge. The conversion went something like this.
Me "good morning"
Him "can I ask you what you are doing?"
Me " flying my quad"
Him "are you Mr Scott"
Me " yes, I presume you are part of Airport security as you know my name. You will also be aware that atc know I'm flying here. I am also around 500m outside of the flight restriction zone.
We then had a conversation about my Air 2 and it's operational safety features. He asked me some questions relating to the operation of my aircraft. I was asked to show him the registration number on the drone, and also asked to provide evidence of my flyer id. No problem, I logged into my BMFA account and showed him all my details.
He then asked me if he could have a flight with it.
Me "Absolutely not, unless you can provide your flyer id and insurance, I am responsible for this aircraft and don't just hand it over to anyone.
Him " I'm glad to hear it. Carry on and enjoy your hobby ". Off he went.
This has been a first, but not unexpected. I seem to have dealt with the situation in a way that satisfied him.

They are getting more piky !!!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
well handled ,a couple of points you did not have to show him your OP ID or flyer ID it is only the police who can ask for them, so they can check them ,not saying you did wrong ,but with regards to asking you to let him fly your drone, your answer was a masterstroke , as he was testing you to see what you were going to say or do and you were correct that in order to fly legally in the UK then you do need a flyer ID

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan