DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

had my 1st crash and its not good

Kernow666

Reactions
so today aftyer 11 months of flying i had my 1st crash and it didnt go well , i was doing a quickshot circle and i didnt judge the height right and lost sight in the sun and it crash into a structure and dropped to the ground , the front left arm is snapped and hanging off.

luckily i have DJI refresh so have initiated that but am a little confused as its been send back to the netherlands ( i`m in the UK ) and it said my drone will be assessed and repaired at a cost , i was under the impression it would be free and a replacement or any i mistaken

Reactions: BamaBomber
I think if its proven that the crash was caused by a failure, its free, if its pilot error, a reduced replacement fee is charged, someone else maybe able to confirm that for sure..

I'm also in the UK and crashed my Mini beyond repair - pilot error. I have DJI Refresh. They paid the carriage to the Netherlands in both directions, condemned the aircraft and charged me £39 (I think) for a new one. Great value! Mike

I live in the U.S. When I crashed my Mavic Mini (determined to be operator error), I sent it back to DJI and they sent me an itemized repair quote for $233 to fix my drone. Or, since I had DJI Refresh, I could just pay $40 for a replacement drone! Guess which one I picked?

I’ve always found that I’m better off having State Farm insure my drone rather than DJI.

Ever use it for the drone?
IF he did as I understand you only use it once and they cancel your policy...not confirmed of course, but what I have heard from couple of sources ;)

My point. Thanks.
Of note, my SF agent in AZ declined to write coverage.
Hull coverage here in Canada is quite costly. The quotes I received to cover my P4M and M300 ranged from $4800 to $6600 per year. My $5,000,000 liability coverage (which includes coverage for interior and confined space flights) is $840 annually.

am back flying now , had my replacement arrive this morning ( only arrived in holland monday afternoon ) 1st class service from DJI

Ever use it for the drone?
I’ve never had to use it, thankfully. But I know it covers loss, as in the drone isn’t retrievable. That puts it ahead of DJI Care for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique