DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Half Moon Maneuver Help

CoryMc23

Reactions
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and to drones. This may be a simple maneuver but for a rookie pilot, I can't seem to get it right. I am a Realtor and as such, I want to be able to do a "half-moon" shot of the front and back of the house. Example: if the garage is on the left side of the house, I would like to make a half moon shape going to the right to the opposite corner of the home rather than just doing a boring straight line.

Any thoughts on this? I have considered setting waypoints but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do. Any help is appreciated.

If you were to hold both sticks in the same direction and get the balance right could preform a 360 around an object. Like a manual point of intrest. This time right should get you your results i think. Only an amateur myself but if you practice this and get the sticks right you will get what your after.

I think between course lock and point of interest you should be able to get that shot..

Hi Cory

Yes I can see how that arc around a property would work, it can be flow by hand if you have the piloting skills, ( maybe try in tri-pod mode ).
Waypoints set up in Litchi or similar app would give you a really steady shot, and the camera would always face you POI, if you set it up correctly.

Good Luck
Waylander

It can be done but it takes practice to do it manually. I have practiced with objects in the yard (mailbox, tree, etc.) just take your time and SLOW down.

Two routes go here. First would be to practice the piloting skills to fly it manually. It will take practice and may be frustrating, but you will be gaining fundamental skills that will translate over into your overall skill level as a pilot and give you flexibility to adapt because you will be in full control more or less. The other way to do it would be to use POI and set the center point in the back yard somewhere (if shooting the front)and setting your radius to so that you get the arc you want to capture.

I suggest getting the Litchi app. You can set waypoints and tell it to move in a curve. Set the house as a POI so the camera stays focused = eh voila!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure