DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hallo from Holland!

Update to the latest firmware (01.04.0400) yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It depends....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheMetal

Reactions
Hi,

Got my magic air yesterday. Firmware was still a 0.0 version, so they don't ship them updated. At least not here in Holland.

Still reading and researching before I do my maiden flight.

This is my first serious quadcopter. Do have plenty of rc experience so I hope that will help.

Still in doubt whether I should update to the latest .400 firmware. I stopped at 1.0.300 with the magic and
1.0.100 with the Rc. I am using the current/latest android app.
Any advice is welcome .

Later

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,

Got my magic air yesterday. Firmware was still a 0.0 version, so they don't ship them updated. At least not here in Holland.

Still reading and researching before I do my maiden flight.

This is my first serious quadcopter. Do have plenty of rc experience so I hope that will help.

Still in doubt whether I should update to the latest .400 firmware. I stopped at 1.0.300 with the magic and
1.0.100 with the Rc. I am using the current/latest android app.
Any advice is welcome .

Later
Howdy from Wyoming @TheMetal , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Hi themetal, welcome from a fellow Dutchie. Mavic Pro and Spark owner here. What are your reasons to doubt about updating?
Generally there are a couple of reasons; of course it is good to wait with updating untill you hear from other peope whether or not there are bugs in the newer versions. Then there are people who are concerned with DJI taking more and more control in each new software version. What are you reasons?
Cheers, Joost

Main reason is topics on this forum and YouTube vids about problems starting in .400 Those make me unsure.

Also it isn't clear to me how exactly one downgrades. Can this simply be done with Dji Assistance or do I need third party software .

is there a faq or other document I can read about Fw updates (and all the other good stuff I need to know) or am I sentenced to using search?

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I always wait a few days before updating to the latest firmware, but I do keep mine up-to-date. Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks