DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand catch boys - anyone here ? What about VPS in Mavic 2 ?

I hand catch all the time. Like the original mavic pro, i just turned off the landing protection feature. This still keeps the vps on but it will just land when you told it to. Since i always hand catch, i dont need this feature to be on

you are not going to lose a finger in the props. you’d be surprised to learn that it doesn’t hurt or cut unless you hit the throttle. at least with the mavic pro. this is from personal experience so ymmv.
I disagree. With just heavy winds spinning the props, not the motors, got scratched in the arm from the props where it did bleed some. Those blades are a bit sharp when in motion.

Oh, didnt know that. Will try and see how those settings work. Thanks

I agree - disable landing protection. I tried several times hand-catching with LP on. I am expecting the lacerations to eventually heal. The worry is that your hand might not be directly under the centre of gravity. THis happened to me. I made a grab for the bird before the props were completey stopped. The bird then made a very strong bid for freedom. The upward thrust is strong and in my case it tipped forward and caused the cuts. I have since tried with LP turned off. It works a treat. You let the bird hover just over your hand and you have time to be sure that your hand is accurately positioned before pushing down on the stick for a nice gentle landing. With LP off, it still lands on the ground very smoothly.

I disagree. With just heavy winds spinning the props, not the motors, got scratched in the arm from the props where it did bleed some. Those blades are a bit sharp when in motion.
They seem pretty sharp to me when they are really spinning. Wear a glove or turn off Landing Protection.

I agree - disable landing protection. I tried several times hand-catching with LP on. I am expecting the lacerations to eventually heal. The worry is that your hand might not be directly under the centre of gravity. THis happened to me. I made a grab for the bird before the props were completey stopped. The bird then made a very strong bid for freedom. The upward thrust is strong and in my case it tipped forward and caused the cuts. I have since tried with LP turned off. It works a treat. You let the bird hover just over your hand and you have time to be sure that your hand is accurately positioned before pushing down on the stick for a nice gentle landing. With LP off, it still lands on the ground very smoothly.
Let the bird come to you, no reason to aggressively grab the bird.

I have always kept all my censers off but using some of the features I am now they come on . I still hand catch as always though by just having it hover sideways above my eyes and slightly away from me step over and slide my hand in under it and get it with 4 fingers on one side and thumb on other center of the drone and shut down. Have never came close to it getting me .You do it slow it will rise .But like Dawg there said you just don't get wild with it .

I swipe the landing then place my hand under the drone the A box comes up cancel or force landing then I press that and catch the drone as it lands.

Bring it in close in the hover, put your hand under it, then fill down left stick and let it settle in your hand. Easy, no sudden power increase or battling with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu