DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand catch/ launch RTH

redserv

Reactions
Hi guys, I have a quick question, if I hand launch my MPP is it possible to set RTH point since I am launching from my hand?

You can reset the home point at any time in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Reset-Home-Point.jpg

The button on the left sets the home point to the Mavic's current location. The button on the right (which sets the home point to your current location) can only be used if you're using a mobile device that contains a GPS receiver.

Reactions: Pcarlsen
Msinger thank you for clearing that up for me. So basically you're saying that even if I launch my MPP from my hand, I just need to hover and set the RTH point on the DJI app?

As long as the Mavic has a good GPS signal, the home point will be automatically set when the Mavic starts up. So, there should be no need to manually reset the home point if you do not move away from the original home point before hand launching. You can verify the home point has been set by looking for the "H" marker on the map in DJI GO.

What msinger posted. There is no altitude set on RTH, only a GPS position. Upon RTH, or any landing, the Air simply flied downward until it stops and then the motors turn off.

Thank you very much guys for clearing that up, appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dtcexpress1