DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand land and launch procedure

Jameslavis

Reactions
Anyone have a solid hand launch and land procedure? I’ve done it with just a button slide and it goes up

Landing I just get to a hover and I can two finger pinch it and hold right stick down to shut it down. I have no landing protection on or it gets disabled.

I like to disable Landing Protection so I can easily reach up and grab my Mavic Air while it's hovering above my head. If you want to keep that setting enabled, you could hold your hand out flat and land the Mavic Air on your hand. That works too, but I think it's a little more dangerous since the spinning props will be closer to your eyes.

I don’t think I’ve ever changed it. I think maybe it just gets turned off
For some reason.

To land, I hover above my head in arm’s reach and initiate auto land. While the prompt is on screen and the aircraft is hovering, I grab it with only my fingers (being sure not to actually pull on the aircraft). Then hold the throttle down until the props stop.

Using auto land disables the landing protection so that the aircraft doesn’t try to move away from your hand. This keeps me from having to manually disable/enable landing protection.

Last edited:
I grab it mid air and flip it over. Must be a more elegant way I know

This is exactly what I do. The autoland and disable of landing protection makes sense. Your way is exactly how I do it. Good to hear
To land, I hover above my head in arm’s reach and initiate auto land. While the prompt is on screen and the aircraft is hovering, I grab it with only my fingers (being sure not to actually pull on the aircraft). Then hold the throttle down until the props stop.

Using auto land disables the landing protection so that the aircraft doesn’t try to move away from your hand. This keeps me from having to manually disable/enable landing protection.
This is

I do palm take-off and palm-land all the time mainly to avoid dust being sucked inside the aircraft. My method is simply navigating above head in arm's length and pulling the left stick holding the controller in left hand - while palm landing in right hand. My right palm is kept open under the craft before initiating the land.
By using this method I keep full control over the landing the whole time. By keeping the lever pulled all the way (and all time) it causes the craft to stop for a moment when recognizing palm as obstacle but goes on landing and shutting off motors eventually without any revving.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J