DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar's "Autopilot" app is currently unusable with the Mavic Pro.

38f02fbfc6a1437b2b2f6ddb365c66c5.jpg

According to this email I received above, things should be ok with the latest Firmware ipdate 1.03.0600

Have been flying the whole morning (5 batteries) with Autopilot 3.9 and 4.0, 4 flights in Waypoint mode and 3 in Zipline mode, and the first zipline crashed (4.0 beta on my iPad) but no issues with Autopilot any further. All uploaded to Healthy Drones. Including battery details. So, for me.... most reliable flights in one day so far

Reactions: Viper
I was trying to use AP with Mavic Pro. but when the RC lost single AP simply disengaged the mission where it was and hovered. I had to RTH to get it back. It didn't continue. Gave me an error that telemetry information can't be determine disengage. Any ideas why it wouldn't continue. I have LCMC activated

You don't need to use return to home. Stop AP, start Go 4 and continue flying. You also can restart AP and redo your flight. Some modes even allow you to continue your mission.

So help me understand better when wanting to use lcmc with auto pilot. When it disconnects from autopilot and i have lcmc enable on AP and Go4 your saying i have to close AP amd open Go4 and the A/C will continue mission without being connected?

I'm not sure why i need to switch to GO4 when LCMC is a feature of AP and of Litchi. Wouldnt i need to keep it open for when the a/c does come back in range and reconnects to the mission?

If i seitch to GO4 after disconnecting how will it know to continue the same mission?

Thanks

I'm not a fan of LCMC. It's switched off on all of my saved flights. I like to be in control. I prefer to re-start a mission instead of no idea what my MP is doing. And GO4 always override AP. Better save then sorry.
And you can't run AP when GO4 is active. Please read the manuals

I read the manuals and it only says that it can be enabled and what it is supposed to do and limitations. But it doesnt work as described which is why i'm asking. I understand some may prefer not to use it. But there are some that prefer to use it. That's why its there. I prefer to make use of it and trying to determine why its not working as desgined. No where in the AP manual does it say to switch to Go4. It just says that GO4 joystick will take priority. But the issue is the a/c is not continuing its mission as its suposed to. It just stops and disengages the mission and hoovers.

And yes the setting is enabled in GO4 too

I would never argue that Autopilot is the best app I've ever seen. I had a lot of issues, crashed programs and erratical behaviour of the app and Mavic. No doubt.
But I have used it with numerous flights now (I know exactly how many) and it gave me some scary moments. Even when I flew over a waterdam when it disengaged. But I started GO4 and continued manually.
Still, like last weekend, I did waypoint routes, zippiness and other stuff and it worked out fine. If it stoppen (only once) I just restored and it was fine.
I know AP is very venerable for your mobile device and intervering during flight (I don't even use screen record) but as said... that worked out fine. Was really happy to see the constancy

Also the rc disconnects from a/c due to distance and building interference. So i don't believe its an issue with the AP software that i'm worried about. Switching to GO4 i suspect will have the same issue no connection due to distance and interference.

But i want it to continue the waypoint mission as intentionally designed and come back when done. Switching to Go4 and manually flying defeats the intent of what i'm trying to accomplish. Many Litchi users plan missions beyond the range of r/c often very successfully. So my desire is to intentionally go beyond the range of r/c and both GO4 and AP

i want it to continue the waypoint mission as intentionally designed ...my desire is to intentionally go beyond the range of r/c and both GO4 and AP

By default Autopilot uses its own flight controller to fly the drone - not the DJI on-board controller. Autopilot actually drives the drone in real-time via the remote control (which is why it can do more things that Litchi). It therefore always need to be in radio range.

Litchi on the other hand saves the route internally on the Mavic, which then goes off and runs the mission with or without the controller (but limited to DJI's flight controller). I've used this when flying round objects that might block the signal for safety reasons.

You can select the same option in Autopilot too - but then you lose the extra functionality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom