DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar's "Autopilot" app is currently unusable with the Mavic Pro.

New flyer here, is it safe to say the earlier firmware for the mavic will still work fine? I haven't updated mine as with anything you know there's a chance for bugs so normally give it a couple weeks. It's a bummer because I really liked that you could set up waypoints prior to a flight.

@RamItOne Firmware 1.03.0200 or below is considered safe to use by the developer.

You can downgrade one version back, so it depends on what your new Mavic ships with.

That's what Hangar says about downgrades:
3/20/17 - DJI has acknowledged the issue but has not given us a timeline for a potential fix. They have also stated that the recent firmware updates do not allow for the option to downgrade due to regulatory issues related to certain features that were included in the update. Given this fact, combined with the lack of a timeline, the only option would be to acquire a supported aircraft type (Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, the Phantom 4 standard, or the Inspire 1) until Autopilot is fully compatible with the affected aircraft types.

That's what Hangar says about downgrades:
3/20/17 - DJI has acknowledged the issue but has not given us a timeline for a potential fix. They have also stated that the recent firmware updates do not allow for the option to downgrade due to regulatory issues related to certain features that were included in the update. Given this fact, combined with the lack of a timeline, the only option would be to acquire a supported aircraft type (Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, the Phantom 4 standard, or the Inspire 1) until Autopilot is fully compatible with the affected aircraft types.

Thats a bummer! I tried to use the Waypoints with LCMC and a lot of options were disabled or not available compared to End Mission. Seems useless for me. And also i tried the Focus Trigger along the waypoints and it doesnt focus at all... anyone tried that? Please help! I need that option for this weekend trip. Thanks!!!

Focus trigger has not so much to do with focussing the camera. It has to do with the direction your camera is "looking" during the flight (POI). The camera trigger activate an action the camera has to do in photo mode. Like taking a photo or pano or switch to landscape mode. Not focussing the camera. This is a DJI setting

Focus trigger has not so much to do with focussing the camera. It has to do with the direction your camera is "looking" during the flight (POI). The camera trigger activate an action the camera has to do in photo mode. Like taking a photo or pano or switch to landscape mode. Not focussing the camera. This is a DJI setting

It was set to Manual focus on Autopilot app. Hangar responded to my email quickly. I havent tested it yet since its raining again here in LA.

It was set to Manual focus on Autopilot app. Hangar responded to my email quickly. I havent tested it yet since its raining again here in LA.

What focus setting are you talking about then? The only focus setting in the options is the Dynamic Focus Enabled setting which only works with the Inspire with an X5 lens.
Because I'm lost here. Never had a focus issue outside the DJI setting. Not with Autopilot

6814e600a0675ca8ffaf510d773c3b84.jpg

854f6e7cfcbe60bc3ff9930604abcdf2.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2786.JPG

Do you see the 3 bars besides the word Single? (Its where you press to record video). Those are the options and as you scroll all the way down you'll see Lens focus manual/auto. Anyways I downgraded my mavic so hopefully it will work normally.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
View attachment 9072

Do you see the 3 bars besides the word Single? (Its where you press to record video). Those are the options and as you scroll all the way down you'll see Lens focus manual/auto. Anyways I downgraded my mavic so hopefully it will work normally.

You have to be connected to the Mavic to see this

OK, make sense. As said, I never had that issue and my drone in in Holland for replacement at the moment. Lessons learned. Thanx

I'm at newest .6 FW. Just downloaded Autopilot, Mavic went about 200 feet then RC said Battery Not Available and stopped the patrol and hovered. It kept flashing "joystick" on the screen and battery not available. It wouldn't move unless I manually flew. No auto patrol. Does the Mavic Battery's need upgraded as well. I upgraded the RC and Mavic to .600. Was I supposed to somehow upgrade the battery's too

I'm at newest .6 FW. Just downloaded Autopilot, Mavic went about 200 feet then RC said Battery Not Available and stopped the patrol and hovered. It kept flashing "joystick" on the screen and battery not available. It wouldn't move unless I manually flew. No auto patrol. Does the Mavic Battery's need upgraded as well. I upgraded the RC and Mavic to .600. Was I supposed to somehow upgrade the battery's too

Yes all batteries must be upgrade with new firmware

How. When i plug in mavic to assistant 2 it doesnt say an update is needed. Do i have to plug it in directly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv