DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanging With The Deer

Wish the deer around here stayed that calm when flying up to them. I can’t get within about 150ft without them spookin. That’s partly why I had to buy the zoom to complement my 2 Pro. I’m a huge deer hunter and it has been a dream of mine to be able to scout my deer from above since UAS technology became a thing. That is now a possibility.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Nice video! 2:27 "Hey man, I'm just trying to pee here!"
I know...I just couldn't believe that she calmly squatted there munching on grass without a care in the world as I very slowly approached. But hey animals don't have any inhibitions..when it's time to do your business you do it!

Here's are some clips I shot with my M2P showing the behavior of some whitetail deer and wild turkeys in our hayfield late yesterday afternoon.

These animals and their ancestors have lived in our fields and around our outbuildings for years and have little fear of us. The deer have been particularly bold recently preferring proximity to humans and what protection that might give them from mountain lions that have been killing their fawns. I was able to fly low and slow with my M2P shooting 4k HQ footage and as you can see, the animals basically ignored me, except for one young inquisitive doe. Editing was done in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
Wow great shots. So much for the idea that our drones disturb wildlife!!!
Chip D

Reactions: Drgnfli
Except for the rain, beautiful place to live and fly. Nice video.

Wow great shots. So much for the idea that our drones disturb wildlife!!!
Chip D
Thanks Chip D! These animals have taken to spending time around our buildings and adjacent hayfields for protection from predators and hunters and have gotten used to a white haired man with a hornets nest that flies!

Wish the deer around here stayed that calm when flying up to them. I can’t get within about 150ft without them spookin. That’s partly why I had to buy the zoom to complement my 2 Pro. I’m a huge deer hunter and it has been a dream of mine to be able to scout my deer from above since UAS technology became a thing. That is now a possibility.
Ha! You don't have to eat beef do you? LOL! Great video!

Here's are some clips I shot with my M2P showing the behavior of some whitetail deer and wild turkeys in our hayfield late yesterday afternoon.

These animals and their ancestors have lived in our fields and around our outbuildings for years and have little fear of us. The deer have been particularly bold recently preferring proximity to humans and what protection that might give them from mountain lions that have been killing their fawns. I was able to fly low and slow with my M2P shooting 4k HQ footage and as you can see, the animals basically ignored me, except for one young inquisitive doe. Editing was done in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
EXCELLENT video ??????

Reactions: Twocalf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82