DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Harassed by homeowner

NO You cannot make rules on your private property that infringe on other peoples rights. Never mind the fact that the airspace is regulated federally and is not on their property. I have a handout I give to people, outlining their concerns and in big bold red numbers I put the police contact number. Its always best to contact the police if someone starts acting confrontational.
Mind posting a copy of that? I’d be interested.
Thx!

While flying my mavic 2 pro around an oceanfront hotel for a real estate agent's photos, an individual began trying to grab my attention by shouting, "hey you with the drone - what are you doing?" My first instinct (most likely the correct one) was to ignore him. After his incessant yelling, I looked up and stated i was doing RE work. The confrontation then proceeded to, "youre not allowed..." etc. This individual was clearly hostile and trying to have a shouting match from his balcony. Luckily, I had just finished up and was heading to my car. He quickly ran into his unit, as if to either call someone or grab a gun! I calmly loaded up and drove off. I was within an authorized airspace and not flying near anyone's unit. Can tenants or HOAs arbitrarily forbid you from flying and doing your job?
Whenever possible, I ask the home or property owner to let neighbors know I'll be flying near their homes. Also, if possible, I try to have the owner there with me while I'm flying to run interference for me.

Reactions: SethB and MS Coast
Yes it works very well along with calmly telling the person why I am flying, My phone number, along with an apology for upsetting them. Stating I will do all I can do to stay away from them and their property and if they are still upset the local police dept. number and contact info. [If you have contacted them prior} {good practice} If working in a populated area I usually contact the police Beforehand and give them a heads up. The page also states the penalties for downing my drone or causing me to lose control.
Thanks 😊

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_