DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard cases for just drone?

Kylis

Reactions
Are there hard cases out there for just the drone? Like say I want to go biking and have the drone in my bag but want to make sure it cant get smashed if I wipe out, I would be fairly comfortable with the controller in a cushioned part of my bag but I wouldn't be comfortable with the drone without a hard shell around it. Just wondering if they make those in general, not necessarily for the MA2 just yet.

Plenty of cheap hard cases are available if you don’t mind plucking foam. plucking foam is easy enough to do with a steak knife.

Are there hard cases out there for just the drone?
I’ve used this case for my M2P and MP, when needing to place them in my backpack. It’s not a hard plastic case, but it would cushion the impact quite a bit:

I think if you give it a little time, drone only cases will be cheap and easy to find. I got one like this on ebay for my Air (1). This one is for drone and controller, but they had options for drone only or controller only as well. The Air 1 came with a hard case for the drone, so I didn't need to get that seperately. This was great to throw in my backpack for the times I didn't really plan on shooting (so didn't bring the extra batteries and such) but wanted it "just in case".

Portable Storage Hard Bag Waterproof Case EVA Bag Fit For DJI MAVIC Air Drone 95509635440 | eBay

I'm sure we'll get stuff like this for Air 2 shortly.

I have this one for my M2P. A bit on the expensive side. I first tried some cheaper ones off of Amazon and sent them back. This is much better made, IMO. Hardshell, excellent zippers, nice ability to adjust interior compartments, low profile exterior handle that I find surprisingly useful. Exterior material is waterproof tarpaulin, and zippers are water-resistant (similar to boating gear I have). Holds more than just the drone, but I like that. I got it to protect my MP2 for simple day hiking or other times I might want to carry it in a light, non-protective backpack . I have no plans to be on a bicycle with it. But as long as you don't have a catastrophic crash while biking, I think it would stand up to the use well (and maybe as well as anything would in a catastrophic crash).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507