DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A STICKER LIKE THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible someone bought it from someone other than Amazon and tried to return it to Amazon and the serial number did not match the original sale ID. I know this is not logically too clear but brings up something close to what might’ve happened. ?.

It is possible someone bought it from someone other than Amazon and tried to return it to Amazon and the serial number did not match the original sale ID. I know this is not logically too clear but brings up something close to what might’ve happened. ?.
So Amazon puts plastic back on and puts clear evidence of this fraud (in the form of a bright sticker) on the box and sends it to me. Not out of the realm of possibility but neither are elves. Welcome to my world ?

Last edited:
This is really simple. Send it back and buy from B & H Photo. I wouldn't gamble my time or my sanity. It pretty clear, there's an issue. Happy New Year to all Drone Heads!

Reactions: Rattydude77
This is really simple. Send it back and buy from B & H Photo. I wouldn't gamble my time or my sanity. It pretty clear, there's an issue. Happy New Year to all Drone Heads!
I offer that the “simple” part of this is that Amazon participated in a consumer fraud, that‘s the clear issue, and I‘’m not inclined to turn the other cheek when a trillion dollar company treats me this way. Just sayin...

This is a good time to regain your composure. The people you talk to are low paid, Amazon is so huge, they (Customer Service staff) can't be fully trained in all operations, and Amazon is so automated that very little is touched by human hands (I spend some time in Amazon Fulfillment Centers). Forget the legal threats, consumer fraud, television show legal accusations. Demand a refund, prepaid return label you can print and fly the bird back to them. No more arm wrestling, no more what ifs should coulda woulda's, return it and get on with your life-meaningless mystery solved and free blood pressure reduction all at the same time. Be polite to the person on the phone, they just work there and they aren't part of the conspiracy to defraud you.

This is a good time to regain your composure. The people you talk to are low paid, Amazon is so huge, they (Customer Service staff) can't be fully trained in all operations, and Amazon is so automated that very little is touched by human hands (I spend some time in Amazon Fulfillment Centers). Forget the legal threats, consumer fraud, television show legal accusations. Demand a refund, prepaid return label you can print and fly the bird back to them. No more arm wrestling, no more what ifs should coulda woulda's, return it and get on with your life-meaningless mystery solved and free blood pressure reduction all at the same time. Be polite to the person on the phone, they just work there and they aren't part of the conspiracy to defraud you.
My beef is with Amazon not the fine people here so I’ll just leave this alone?

M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now.

View attachment 88986
The sticker seems pretty straight forward with little to be questioned. Don’t mess with it. Send it back to amazon for a replacement. Why go through any investigation or drama about who’s responsible? That’s not what you bought it for. “When in doubt, do without”

Have you returned it yet?
No, at their request. The last SUPERVISOR requested I give them a couple days to investigate this “alarming” incident before I return it.

Apparently they have a section that monitors theft, misappropriation, and FRAUD (internal and external) that apparently watches its entire logistics system. She explained that, especially during holiday seasons when they rely on seasonal workers, and third party delivery companies, incidents of delivery snafus, pilfering, or other misdeeds are not uncommon.

Because the availability of the M2P was in serious flux over the weekend, from the time of our conversation Amazon might need two to three weeks to replace the drone anyway. She said waiting till the investigation concludes would also most likely put them in a stronger position to further compensate me for the inconvenience this has caused. She seemed particularly concerned that the mysteriously labeled box contained a used drone. By this time both Amazon and I had confirmed with DJI that this drone was not on their “stolen/fraud” list.

Lastly, thanks for your concern, and rest assured that my blood pressure, and the pressures of my two sons who had their drone flying trip with Dad scuttled by this mess, are fine.

Happy New Year

lg

Reactions: xOperator
No, at their request. The last SUPERVISOR requested I give them a couple days to investigate this “alarming” incident before I return it.

Apparently they have a section that monitors theft, misappropriation, and FRAUD (internal and external) that apparently watches its entire logistics system. She explained that, especially during holiday seasons when they rely on seasonal workers, and third party delivery companies, incidents of delivery snafus, pilfering, or other misdeeds are not uncommon.

Because the availability of the M2P was in serious flux over the weekend, from the time of our conversation Amazon might need two to three weeks to replace the drone anyway. She said waiting till the investigation concludes would also most likely put them in a stronger position to further compensate me for the inconvenience this has caused. She seemed particularly concerned that the mysteriously labeled box contained a used drone. By this time both Amazon and I had confirmed with DJI that this drone was not on their “stolen/fraud” list.

Lastly, thanks for your concern, and rest assured that my blood pressure, and the pressures of my two sons who had their drone flying trip with Dad scuttled by this mess, are fine.

Happy New Year

lg
Believe me, I understand what a drag this is. Why they are dragging you into the middle of an investigation of their own failings is absurd. If they had refunded your money you could have at least gone to a local retailer with some hope of salvaging the holidays. I'd politely tell them time is up, refund your cash, you'll return the package and they can continue their investigation with the evidence in hand at their own leisure. Every day they delay causes more damage to you to accrue which just makes the whole thing a lot more lucrative for a big mouth, publicity seeking attorney you've talked to. All you want is what you ordered.

Reactions: Brandaloo
Believe me, I understand what a drag this is. Why they are dragging you into the middle of an investigation of their own failings is absurd. If they had refunded your money you could have at least gone to a local retailer with some hope of salvaging the holidays. I'd politely tell them time is up, refund your cash, you'll return the package and they can continue their investigation with the evidence in hand at their own leisure. Every day they delay causes more damage to you to accrue which just makes the whole thing a lot more lucrative for a big mouth, publicity seeking attorney you've talked to. All you want is what you ordered.
Salvaging the holiday is the reason I decided to open the package. At that point in the story Amazon was only willing to refund then replace the drone through their normal procedures. No refund would be issued until they received it back and then 3-5 business days to credit account. I wanted, and needed, the drone.

Upon that decision to open the package, which that supervisor encouraged me to do with the understanding that they would replace it if something was really wrong with it, the whole thing went south because the drone turned out to be used.

From their standpoint, their original denial of any knowledge of the sticker, its meaning, or how it got there, let alone why they delivered it anyway, got way more complicated when I discovered it was used. I can only assume they see the same thing you see, I may be in a situation to contact a loudmouth lawyer. I have no intention of doing so, by the way.

I need a drone before my kid’s school vacations are over. Their Mavic Mini’s are still under the tree waiting for dad to fix this so they can learn to fly them. (Yes I am aware of the irony of a guy who’s lost two drones teaching someone else to fly, don’t go there?.) Remains to be seen if we salvage this.

Reactions: Mavic Air Head
Amazon does seem to be screwed up right now. It was on the news that an Amazon delivery person claimed he delivered a package with photo, but surveillance video showed he put it back in his vehicle. LEO asks Amazon for identity of the driver to, Amazon initially refused without warrant despite being explained the situation.

Amazon should be sending you a replacement now with a charge hold while you send back this one to Kohls for return to Amazon.

Reactions: Almaz Aswad
Amazon does seem to be screwed up right now. It was on the news that an Amazon delivery person claimed he delivered a package with photo, but surveillance video showed he put it back in his vehicle. LEO asks Amazon for identity of the driver to, Amazon initially refused without warrant despite being explained the situation.

Amazon should be sending you a replacement now with a charge hold while you send back this one to Kohls for return to Amazon.
Exactly. The important word being “now.” I’m holding out hope that part of their effort to rectify this is to send me a replacement immediately and not 2-3 three weeks from now. Supervisor says investigation should be concluded by tomorrow, so I wait.

Here’s the ad from my ‘orders page’. Because I just had a horror story issue with Amazon because I bought from a third party seller, I never ever buy an important or big ticket item, from them unless they sell and ship it. By the way, obviously that hasn’t helped me avoid the current nonsense...
Is that the whole invoice don’t see any shipper info. Never mind I see sold and shipped by amazon but at the price they are showing that’s way below what most new ones are going for. That’s probably why it was discounted that much most M2P are $1700.00

Reactions: Brandaloo
Is that the whole invoice don’t see any shipper info. Never mind I see sold and shipped by amazon but at the price they are showing that’s way below what most new ones are going for. That’s probably why it was discounted that much most M2P are $1700.00
M2P has been deeply discounted by DJI since around Thanksgiving. Just read the posts by DJIDroneService, who as an authorized DJI dealer, has been following along with DJI sale prices, and then some.
Price had been around, even below price of Zoom.
Unfortunately sale just ended. Back to $1700. Because of that, another thorn to contend with Amazon.

Good point but it was listed as new
M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now.

[ UPDATE ] Just finished negotiations with Amazon. Amazon has ordered a replacement drone to be delivered by the 16th. Because my item was sold and shipped by them, they have to replace from their stock which is out right now.

Amazon has issued a $180.00 credit to my account.

We have agreed that I will not return the drone they sent me until I have received the replacement. We further agreed that I may feel free to use this drone while I wait for a replacement. (DJI confirmed that the drone I was sent is not on any of their fraud/stolen lists). I will use it for practice and b-roll shooting while I wait.

The supervisor I started communicating with about this matter on Sunday, went out of her way to make this right. She was the first person to acknowledge that this should not have happened and that Amazon needed to at least try to fix it. Thank you Tiffani M.

And thank you all for your input and advice.

It is not a valid DJI product. Don't touch it. Send it straight back.
It is irrelevant whether or not the machine inside is in good working order or not, you may never get DJI to recognise it and you may have update problems, or you may not be able to register it with the FAA or your local body.
The drone has to have a valid number or its dead. This one is dead unborn it its wrappings.
It may indeed fly but it's not worth trying.
Irrelevant advice. Read the whole thread.

Reactions: Thomas B
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d