DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A STICKER LIKE THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almaz Aswad

Reactions
M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now.

sticker.jpg

M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now
What sticker? Pic?
Post using the “attach files” button.

Reactions: charliesRig
Reactions: Thomas B
M2P from Amazon finally arrived... but this sticker is on the outside of the plastic wrap. No-one at Amazon seems to have a freakin clue why it's there, what it means, etc. On the phone with them right now.

View attachment 88986
it could mean that the drones serial no is not matching something

i’d ask for a major league price reduction ASAP just for assuming the risk. Stress that this was intended to be a holiday gift, and it is disappointing to have a concern like this arise. Then I’d open up the box and see how decent the unit is. Amazon customer service is very, very good. In a situation like this they will almost always accommodate your inconvenience and concern with some kind of discount or credit. Don’t be afraid to ask for it.

It's Amazon so I'd send that back and demand a new one direct from DJI (Express mail). Was the purchase thru DJI (via Amazon) or was it thru another vendor thru Amazon?

it could mean that the drones serial no is not matching something
I'm going to contact DJI via a link Amazon sent me. Then I'm gonna open the **** thing and try to register it and activate it. If there's an issue I have to assume it would show up in that process and I'll just have Amazon replace it.

Reactions: old man mavic
i’d ask for a major league price reduction ASAP just for assuming the risk. Stress that this was intended to be a holiday gift, and it is disappointing to have a concern like this arise. Then I’d open up the box and see how decent the unit is. Amazon customer service is very, very good. In a situation like this they will almost always accommodate your inconvenience and concern with some kind of discount or credit. Don’t be afraid to ask for it.
Very good point! I second that motion . . .

It's Amazon so I'd send that back and demand a new one direct from DJI (Express mail). Was the purchase thru DJI (via Amazon) or was it thru another vendor thru Amazon?
Amazon sold and shipped

Wonder what an “invalid serial number” is...?

Exactly! Amazon disavows putting the sticker on. They suggest maybe it's a way for DJI to keep track of certain drones for certain markets... like when you buy something and the price or bar code have a black mark across it to let the sales person know it's a special process or something.

I am going to go through the whole activation process and if it works fine... if this is an issue you can guarantee that Amazon is not gonna get away with just a refund.... I want a drone and I will expect to be compensated for this nonsense.

Amazon sold and shipped
Just make sure it says "DJI" where the red arrow is on my purchase a year ago. I've made this mistake before not knowing it was a reseller (not DJI).

Official Purchase.png

I wouldn't open it further, in case there is a defect, absent a written okay response from Amazon, seller or DJI.
Amazon says open it...and if there's a problem it will be replaced.... but if that's the case I want it replaced right away not a week later and I expect a discount.

its under protection by Amazon so I'd go forward . . .

i have my fingers crossed for you ,i hope it is all ok

No customer service available from DJI, I'm beginning to hate this company more and more

Reactions: Lajos
Amazon says open it...and if there's a problem it will be replaced.... but if that's the case I want it replaced right away not a week later and I expect a discount.

I still wouldn't. You don't have to, just because they ask you to. I would say "no thanks, you do the investigative work. I paid for a new, factory sealed unit and I see no reason why I should accept something out of band / out of the norm.

For one thing, you would have to be very confident that the craft is good before you say "Okay Amazon, it looks fine, so I'll keep it". Because if something reveals itself down the road, it is going to be MUCH more difficult to get resolution.

Right now, you hold the upper hand, being in the full replacement or even full-refund period.

Chris

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer